Imagery can serve as the main focus of your site or add to its design. You can add images and videos to your site using gallery sections, blocks, backgrounds, and more.
Add images to break up text, show off your portfolio, and make your site an engaging experience.
- Add an image to a page or post using the Image Block.
- Add multiple images to a page with a gallery section.
- Use Gallery Blocks to display multiple images on other areas of your site.
- Add a banner image to the top of a page to set its tone.
- Consider using stock images to add quality content without relying on a professional photographer.
- Follow our formatting guidelines to ensure your images look great on any device.
Add videos to show off trailers, testimonials, webseries, and more.
- We support embedding videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Animoto, and Wistia.
- Use the Video Block to add video to Layout Pages, block sections, blog posts, and other content areas.
- You can also feature videos in Gallery Blocks on some areas of your site.
Use images throughout your site
Images can represent collection items, like blog posts or products, or serve as part of your site's overall branding and aesthetic.
- Uploading multiple product images helps you show an item's different styles and angles. Certain templates offer Product Image Zoom to let customers zoom in for a closer look.
- Thumbnail images represent collection items, like blog posts, events, and products. Use a Summary Block to pull the latest thumbnail images from a collections page and display them in another area of your site.
- Use an Instagram Block to display the latest images from an Instagram Feed.
- Add a site logo, social sharing logo, and favicon to make your branding cohesive and strong.
- Reuse any stock or uploaded image in other areas of your site.
Advanced image options
Go beyond the basics by styling your images and creating interactive elements.
- Turn images into links with clickthrough URLs.
- Set images to open in a lightbox to help them stand out from your other content.
- Use hover effects to display more information when visitors move their cursor over an image.
- Add alt text to your images to help them appear in searches and make your site more accessible to visitors using screen readers.
- Edit your images with the built-in Image Editor to achieve the perfect look.