Imagery can serve as the main focus of your site or add to its design. You can add images and videos to your site using blocks, Gallery Pages, banners, backgrounds, and logos.
If you don't have your own images, you can license high-quality photography through our partnership with Getty Images.
Watch the All About Images Video Series for tutorials on using images in Squarespace.
Add images to break up text, show off your portfolio, and make your site an engaging experience.
- Follow our formatting guidelines to ensure your images look great on any device.
- Add an image to a page or post using the Image Block.
- Embed galleries in content areas using Gallery Blocks in four presentation styles: Carousel, Grid, Slideshow, and Stacked.
- Gallery Pages offer bold styles for showcasing images. Design and layout options vary between templates.
- Gallery Blocks vs. Gallery Pages guide explains the advantages of each feature.
- Banners and background images vary by template.
- Licensing Getty Images is a great way to add image content to your site without relying on a professional photographer.
Add videos to show off trailers, testimonials, vlogs, and more.
- We support embedding videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Animoto, and Wistia.
- Use the Video Block to add video to Regular Pages, blog posts, and other content areas.
- You can also feature videos in Gallery Blocks, Gallery Pages, and Summary Blocks.
- Certain Cover Page layouts promote a single video, while most layouts let you add a background video to create a dynamic landing page.
Use images elsewhere
Images can represent collection items, like blog posts or products, or serve as part of your site's overall branding and aesthetic.
- Thumbnail images represent collection items or pages within an Index Page.
- Uploading multiple product images helps you show an item's different styles and angles. Certain templates offer Product Image Zoom to let customers zoom in for a closer look.
- Images can serve as banners and backgrounds on certain templates, giving your site a strong visual style.
- Add a site logo, Social Sharing Logo, and favicon to make your branding cohesive and strong.
Advanced image options
Go beyond the basics by styling your images and creating interactive elements.
- Turn images into links with clickthrough URLs.
- Set images to open in lightbox to help them stand out from your other content.
- Use hover effects to display more information when visitors move their cursor over an image.
- Add alt text to your images to help them appear in searches and make your site more accessible to visitors using screen readers.
- Resize, change the focal point, and edit your images with the Adobe Creative Cloud Image Editor to achieve the perfect look.
Tip: Find more Images and videos guides by exploring the left navigation.