When you start your first Squarespace trial, you’ll create an account using your email address and a password. These account credentials let you log in to edit your site. You can manage multiple sites on one account, but each site has its own billing. To give other users permission to edit or manage your site, you can invite them as contributors.
Log in using your email address and password to edit your site and adjust settings. Once logged in, you can switch between sites connected to your account.
- There are several ways to log into your site.
- You can change your account password or update your email address at any time.
- Our Terms of Service require that you keep a valid email address on file.
- If you can’t log in, you can recover your password or account email address. If you’re still experiencing issues, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- You can use a single account to manage multiple sites.
Use the Billing & Account panel to manage your subscriptions and invoices. Maintaining a Squarespace subscription requires keeping an active credit card on file.
- We charge all subscription renewals to your current billing credit card on file. We'll also charge this card for additional domain purchases, Getty Images, and G Suite by Google.
- Always keep your billing credit card up-to-date to prevent your site from becoming past due.
- If you receive a "Credit Card Billing Failure" email, find a solution in our FAQ on fixing billing failures.
- Review past invoices through the Billing & Account panel.
- You can change your billing plan as your site grows or your needs change.
- You can use these troubleshooting tips if your card is declined.
- If you no longer need your site, you can cancel service.
- You can reactivate your site at a later date, but account data isn’t stored indefinitely.
Whether you’re running a site as a team or building sites for clients, inviting contributors allows multiple people to work on a site using their own accounts.
- Invite a contributor with their email address. Once they accept the invitation, they’ll be able to log into your site.
- Permission levels let you customize what each contributor can access on your site. You can change permissions as needed.
- If you’re building sites for clients, you can remove yourself as a contributor after transferring ownership. However, some designers find it helpful to stay on as a contributor.
Programs and offers
- When subscribing to paid service, you can use an offer code or a student discount.
- Annual billing plans include one free custom domain for the first year of service.
- On certain plans, you can get a free year of G Suite for one user and redeem a Google AdWords credit.
- If you're a contributor to at least three Squarespace websites, learn about Squarespace Circle, our community for creative professionals.
Tip: Find more Account and billing guides by exploring the left navigation.