Pacific, Bryler, Charlotte, Fulton, Horizon, and Naomi share the same underlying structure and functionality. This guide applies to all these templates.
Pacific's Blog Page displays as a list of vertically-stacked posts. Clicking a post title opens the full post at its own URL.
Note: To set up your Blog Page and posts, visit Blogging with Squarespace.
On the blog landing page:
- The date, categories, and author name display above the post. Use the Meta Priority to set one of these above the blog post title.
- Check Hide Entry Author to hide the author name. This tweak isn't available when Meta Priority: Author is selected.
- The source URL, tags, and the Comment, Like and Share buttons display below the post. Check Hide List Entry Footer to hide them.
- Meta tweaks in the Main Content section adjust the metadata for your posts, such as the post date and tags.
- Post titles follow the Heading 1 tweaks. The body text follows the Text Font and Text Color tweaks.
- Blog Pages support banner images.
- Add category navigation to display filters for the different categories at the top of the page.
- Text Blocks are inset on either side.
- Post thumbnail images display in the blog list for posts that have excerpts.
On individual blog posts, the layout is the same, but navigation for previous and next posts displays below the comments. Thumbnails don't display on individual posts.
Here's an example post on the blog landing page:
Blog posts feature a content inset:
- Single-column Text Blocks and Markdown Blocks have a fixed width, meaning they indent on either side. There are no options in the Style Editor to change the width.
- Multi-column Text Blocks and all other blocks in the post, such as Image Blocks, display at the site width.
This content inset lets you add visual interest to your posts with varying layouts.
On mobile devices and narrow browsers, content stacks vertically.
Note: For general information about styling your site, visit Structure and style.