This guide explains questions and issues that may come up when using the Adirondack template.
Tip: For general help, see the Adirondack template guide.
Unwanted text shows up when I share my site on social media
The contact and location content for the header information drop-down may show in social media posts, even if they’re hidden on your site. For this reason, we recommend removing or replacing the text in these drop-down areas.
- In the Home Menu, click Design, then click Site Styles.
- Locate Contact, Location, or Search Dropdown in the Site Header section and select Contact from the drop-down.
- Click Save and exit Site Styles.
- Click the contact link in the right side of your header.
- Hover over the contact text and click Edit.
- Delete the existing text or replace it with your own text, then click Save.
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, then Business Information.
- Update the Physical Location section with your correct information. If you don’t have contact information to add, add made-up or “dummy” text. This eliminates the Text Block that appears below the address in the demo content.
- Ensure your site has search engine and page descriptions, and remove any remaining demo pages from your Pages panel.
My background image isn't fixed on mobile
Many mobile browsers, including IOS, don't support fixed background images. To achieve a similar effect, experiment with the Size: Cover and Size: Contain style options under Site Background Image in Site Styles. Background image style settings apply to both mobile and desktop.
For more help, read our responsive design troubleshooting tips.