This guide walks you through the options for adjusting the look and feel of your Momentum site. If you're new to Squarespace, we recommend you start with the guide Making style changes.
Tip: In the Home Menu, click Design, then Site Styles. To access tweaks specific to a page, navigate to Site Styles when on that specific page.
The Momentum template supports these page types:
- Gallery - Display your images in a full-bleed, interactive slideshow.
- Index - Collect multiple galleries into one browsable area.
- Blog - The list-style Blog Page stacks posts vertically.
- Regular Page - A blank page you can customize with blocks.
- Album - Create a page with playable music tracks and cover art.
- Events - Create a calendar or list of events.
- Products (Classic) - Sell goods and services with our integrated Commerce features.
- Cover Page - A unique landing page styled separately from your template.
On Gallery Pages, full-bleed images cover the background of your site. For more information, visit Momentum Gallery Pages.
For all other pages on your site, the background has two adjustable areas:
Main content area:
- Use the Content Background tweak to set the color.
- Use the Page Width tweak to adjust the width.
- Use the Page Alignment tweak to display the main content area on the left, center, or right.
- This displays behind and around the main content area.
- Use the Site Background tweak to set the color.
- Use the Page Background Image tweak to replace the color with a site-wide background image.
Tip: Adjust the transparency of the Content Background tweak to set how much of the site background shows through.
Momentum displays your site's title or logo, navigation links, and social icons in a navigation bar. Use the Navigation Position tweak to choose whether it displays at the top or at the bottom of your site.
The navigation bar is fixed, meaning it stays in the same position at all times. Content on the page appears to move beneath it. To set the style:
- Background - Use the Navigation Background tweak to adjust the color of the navigation bar.
- Height - Use the Navigation Padding tweak to adjust its height.
- Site title - Use the Site Title tweaks to adjust the font and color of your site title.
- Border - Use the Navigation Border Color to add a thin border line between the navigation bar and the page. You may need to adjust the transparency.
Tip: If you change the transparency of the background, the Site Background color displays behind it.
To style the elements that display in the bar:
- Logo - If you replace the site title with a logo, use the Logo Image Height tweak to adjust the size.
- Navigation - Your Main Navigation displays pages and other links. Use the Navigation tweaks to adjust the font, color, active color, hover color, and spacing. If there are more links than can fit next to the site title or logo, they move below it.
- Social icons - Social icons for your connected accounts display on the bottom-right. Use the Social Icons tweaks to adjust their color, style, and size. Uncheck Social Icons Display to hide them.
- The navigation bar can also contain the grid icon for the Gallery Page thumbnail navigation.
Page title and description
The page title follows the Heading 1 tweaks. The description follows the Body Text tweaks, but displays slightly larger than regular body text.
You can hide these:
- To hide them on all pages, uncheck the Page Title/Description tweak.
- To remove a title or description on one page, delete it from Page Settings.
Tip: If you remove a title or description from a page, or just want separate text for search results, add an SEO title and description. These won't display on your site, but are helpful for SEO.
The footer appears on all pages except Gallery and Index Pages. The footer displays at the same width as the main content area.
Because Squarespace templates are built with responsive design, your site will adjust on a mobile devices to better fit the format of that device. You can use Device View to see how your site will look on different devices. For general information, visit How will my site appear on a mobile device?
On mobile devices, the main content area's background color displays. To see the site background image or color, adjust the transparency of the main content area. This will also affect your site on desktop.
The navigation bar appears at the bottom of the site on mobile.
- On smartphones and narrow browsers, the navigation links collapse into a menu (hamburger) icon.
- When you tap the menu icon, an overlay with your navigation links appears.
- Folder sub-pages always display on mobile.
Learn how to showcase your images with the Gallery Page.