This guide explains questions and issues that may come up when using the Avenue template.
Tip: For general help, see the Avenue template guide.
Background image isn't fixed on mobile
Many mobile browsers, including IOS, don't support fixed background images. To achieve a similar effect, experiment with the Size: Cover and Size: Contain background image style options. Note that background image style settings apply to both mobile and desktop.
For more help, visit Troubleshooting cropping issues.
Logo is the wrong size on mobile
To set the size of your logo on mobile:
- In the Home Menu, click Design, then click Site Styles.
- Scroll to the Sizes & Values section.
- Click Mobile Logo Size to set the size.
Page header or footer content disappeared
- Page headers and footers added to the Index landing page don't display on individual pages within the Index. Instead, add page headers to those individual pages.
- Page headers and footers don't display on Layout and Gallery Pages opened from an Index. They will appear if those pages are opened from their direct URLs.
Gallery is stacked instead of a slideshow
Gallery Pages display stacked:
- When opened from an Index Page.
- On browsers narrower than 800 pixels, such as mobile devices.
Gallery in an Index isn't stacked
Galleries opened from Indexes display in stacked view instead of slideshow view. They won't display this special formatting if:
- A visitor goes to the direct URL for the page, rather than opening it through the Index Page.
- The Gallery Page has a password.
- The visitor removes the # from the URL.
I don't like the Index special formatting
When opened from an Index, Gallery Pages display images or videos in a stacked format, and Gallery and Layout Pages don't show page headers or footers.
To create a different effect, there are two options:
- Option 1 - Create the gallery with a Layout Page and Gallery Block, rather than a Gallery Page. The gallery on this page will always display in the format you've chosen, even when opened from an Index.
- Option 2 - Create an alternative to the Index landing page with a Grid Gallery Block on a Layout Page. This thumbnail navigation won't open Gallery or Layout Pages with special formatting.
When I click an Index thumbnail, the page opens but no content displays
This can happen with Layout Pages when the content is in a page-specific header or footer, rather than part of the main page content. Page headers and footers don't appear on Layout or Gallery Pages when opened from an Index.
To resolve this:
- In the Home Menu, click Pages.
- Click and drag the page out of your Index.
- Hover over the page content below the site header or above the footer. When the Header Content or Footer Content annotation appears, click Edit.
- If the content you want to display is in the header or footer, recreate it in the main page area (between the page header and footer). Then delete it from the header or footer.
- In the Pages panel, move the page back into the Index.
I hear an Index Page's audio or video clip on a different page
If you add Audio or Video Blocks in the page-specific header of an Index Page, they display above the thumbnail images. When a visitor plays the file, the audio continues to play even when the visitor clicks the thumbnails to visit the pages within the Index.
This is part of the template’s design. If you don't want audio to play this way, delete the block from the Index and add it to a different page.
Index Page thumbnails aren't loading
Index thumbnails may not load if the image size is too big. Also, an Index Page's thumbnails load sequentially. If one thumbnail can't load, the other thumbnails after it also won't load.
If one or more of your thumbnails aren't loading, check the first blank image's size and ensure it's less than 2500 pixels along its longest edge. To change the image size, edit the image using third-party software, then re-upload it.
How do I change page titles on Index Pages?
To change the text that displays below Index thumbnails, edit the navigation titles for those pages.