Forte's Blog Page displays as a list of vertically-stacked posts. Clicking a post title opens the full post at its own URL.
Note: To set up your Blog Page and posts, visit Blogging with Squarespace.
On the blog landing page:
- Categories, tags, the date, and a comment link display below the post.
- Shares and likes don't display.
- Thumbnail images don't display.
- Source URLs display below the post content.
On individual blog posts:
- Navigation for previous and next posts displays below the comments.
- The "Last Updated" date doesn't appear.
Excerpts display with a Read More link. Excerpts in Forte are text-only.
The sidebar displays on the blog landing page and individual posts. Customize the sidebar content using blocks.
- Use the Sidebar Position tweak to set it to Right or Left.
- Choose Sidebar Position: Hidden to hide the sidebar.
- Set the size of the sidebar with the Sidebar Width tweak.
- The sidebar scrolls up with the page.
- The Content Width size for the main content area excludes the sidebar. For example, if your content width is set to 500 pixels, and your sidebar is set to 200 pixels, the width of both together will be 700 pixels.
- If you have multiple blogs on your site, the same sidebar displays on all of them.
On mobile devices and narrow browsers, content stacks vertically. The sidebar displays below the page content.
Note: For general information about styling your site, visit Structure and style.