This guide is a reference for all Style Editor tweaks in the Wells template. To learn how to use the Style Editor, visit Making style changes.
Note: The Squarespace platform is constantly evolving to give you the best possible tools for building your website. We update these guides frequently, but if the platform has recently changed you may see slightly different options than the ones listed below. The best way to learn the functionality of any tweak is to experiment with it and see what changes on your site.
Site Wide Options
Adjust the overall colors, layout, and text styles for your site.
- Site Background - Adjust the color of the site background
- Site Width
- Outer Padding
- Headings - Style all headers on your site. The size option sets the Heading 1 size; Heading 2 and Heading 3 text scales proportionally.
- Headings Size
- Headings Color
- Text - Adjust the font styles of body text.
- Text Size
- Body Text Color
- Body Link Color
- Body Link (Hover) Cover
- Quote - Adjust the font style of the Quote Block.
- Quote Size - Adjust the size of the Quote Block.
- Button Color
Adjust the navigation sidebar. To learn more, visit Wells structure and style.
- Sidebar Text Alignment: Left, Center, Right - Only affects the navigation link text.
- Sidebar Width
- Sidebar Padding
- Sidebar Position: Left, Right
- Sidebar Fixed
Site Title / Logo Options
- Logo Image Width
- Site Title - Adjust the font.
- Site Title Size
- Site Title Color
- Site Subtitle - Adjust the font.
- Site Subtitle Color
- Mobile Logo Image Size
- Mobile Site Title Style: Auto, Manual
- Mobile Site Title - Adjust the font. Appears when Mobile Site Title Style: Manual is selected.
- Mobile Site Title Size - Appears when Mobile Site Title Style: Manual is selected.
Site Navigation Options
Adjust the style of the text links in the navigation sidebar. These tweaks don't affect the Gallery Page navigation elements.
- Navigation - Adjust the font.
- Navigation Size
- Navigation Color
- Navigation (Active) Color
- Navigation (Hover) Color
- Secondary Navigation
- Secondary Navigation Size
- Secondary Navigation Color
- Blog Sidebar: Hide, Left, Right
- Blog Sidebar Width
- Blog Sidebar Padding
- Blog Post Spacing
- Blog Meta Data Color
- Gallery Style: Fit, Fill
- Gallery Padding
- Enable Gallery Thumbnails
- Initial Gallery View: Slideshow, Thumbnails
- Homepage Gallery View: Inherit, Slideshow, Thumbnails
- Thumbnail Aspect Ratio - Image ratio (width:height) for thumbnail images.
- Thumbnail Width
- Gallery Controls: Simple, Numbers, Bullets, Hide
- Gallery Controls Size
- Gallery Controls Color
- Gallery Controls (Active)
Social Link Options
Social icons link to your connected accounts. When Hide Social Icons is unchecked, the other tweaks in this section appear.
- Social Icon Style: Normal, Round, Square
- Hide Social Icons
- Social Icon Size
- Social Icon Color
- Show Category Navigation - Hide or display the category navigation.
- Category Nav Font
- Category Nav Color
- Category Nav Active Color
- Product Background Color - The color behind the product image.
- Product Overlay Color - Set the color of the on-hover overlay when Product List Titles: Overlay is enabled.
- Products Per Row - Set the number of products per row on the Products Page.
- Product List Titles: Under, Overlay - Set the title and price to display under the thumbnail image or on hover.
- Product List Alignment: Center, Left - Set text to Center or Left when Product List Titles: Under is enabled.
- Product Item Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on the Products Page.
- Product Image Auto Crop - Crop product images to the aspect ratio set with the Product Item Size tweak.
- Product Gallery Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on product item pages.
- Product Gallery Auto Crop - Crop images on product item pages to the aspect ratio set with the Product Gallery Size tweak.
- Show Product Price - Show or hide prices on the Product Page. If unchecked, the price will still appear on product item pages.
- Show Product Item Nav - Display a navigation link back to the Products Page.
- Product Social Sharing - Add or remove Share buttons from product item pages.
- Disable Item Pages - Disable the title link for individual events. When unchecked, clicking an event's title opens the individual event page.
- Show past Events
- Show Thumbnails - Show the thumbnail image for each event on the Event Page to the left of the event.
- Thumbnail Size
- Show Date Tag - The date tag highlights event dates. It displays to the left of each event in on the Event Page.
- Show Date Tag w/ Time
- Show Categories
- Show Date
- Show Time
- Show Location
- Show Export Links - Export links allow visitors to export event details to Google Calendar or iCal.
- Show Social Buttons
- Show Excerpt - Excerpts display a brief description of an event in the Events Page list view
- Show Button
- Show Back Link - Shows the "Back To All Events" link on individual event pages.
- 24-Hour Time
- Stacked View - Display your events as a stacked list with thumbnails appearing above the event at full-width.
These tweaks appear when you’re on an Album Page.
- Album Text Color
- Hide Album Share Link
Cover Pages are styled independently of a site’s template. Visit Styling a Cover Page to learn more.
Tweaks for certain blocks also display in the Style Editor. To learn more about available style changes, visit What are blocks? to find help content for your specific block.