This guide is a reference for all Site Styles tweaks in the Adirondack template. To learn how to use Site Styles, visit Making style changes.
Note: The Squarespace platform is constantly evolving to give you the best possible tools for building your website. We update these guides frequently, but if the platform has recently changed you may see slightly different options than the ones listed below. The best way to learn the functionality of any tweak is to experiment with it and see what changes on your site.
These elements display on either side of the main content area.
- Site Drop Shadow - Add a shadow effect behind the content area.
- Site Background Image - Add a background image. We recommend an image width between 1500 pixels and 2500 pixels. Background images should never be larger than 2500 pixels, as this can cause issues on mobile.
- Site Background Color - Choose a background color for the area around your site.
Adjust the branding, navigation link, and information drop-down link in the site header.
- Site Title Font
- Logo Height
- Background Color
- Header Icons - Choose whether the navigation and information links display as icons or text. The links always display as icons on mobile or the fixed header bar.
- Contact, Location, or Search Dropdown: Contact, Location, Search, None - Choose how the information link displays or hide it.
Adjust your site’s navigation bars. The navigation link color is automatically set to black or white based on the navigation bar’s Background Color.
- Background Color
- Nav Active Color
- Always Show Nav
- Header & Nav Borders - Add a border above and below each navigation bar.
- Height - Set the height for all banner images on your site.
Page Titles & Descriptions
Adjust the text that displays at the top of Events, Products, and Regular Pages when page titles and descriptions are enabled.
- Title Decoration: Underline, Overline, 3 Stars, 3 Asterisks, None - Add decoration to page titles and blog post titles.
- Show Page Titles & Descriptions - Enable or hide page titles and descriptions.
- Page Title
- Page Description
- Page Title & Description Color
- Content Background Color - Choose a background color for the main content area.
- Heading 1
- Heading 2
- Heading 3
- Heading Color
- Text Color
- Link Color
- Link Hover Color
- Quote Block - Adjust the font style for the Quote Block.
Adjust the style of your Blog Page.
- Blog Text Width: Narrow, Normal
- Blog Post Author
- Blog Meta Info
- Blog Meta Info Color
- Show Category Navigation - Hide or display the category navigation.
- Product Background Color - The color behind the product image.
- Product Overlay Color - Set the color of the on-hover overlay when Product List Titles: Overlay is enabled.
- Products Per Row - Set the number of products per row on the Products Page.
- Product List Titles: Under, Overlay - Set the title and price to display under the thumbnail image or on hover.
- Product List Alignment: Center, Left - Set text to Center or Left when Product List Titles: Under is enabled.
- Product Item Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on the Products Page.
- Product Image Auto Crop - Crop product images to the aspect ratio set with the Product Item Size tweak.
- Product Gallery Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on product item pages.
- Product Gallery Auto Crop - Crop images on product item pages to the aspect ratio set with the Product Gallery Size tweak.
- Show Product Price - Show or hide prices on the Product Page. If unchecked, the price will still appear on product item pages.
- Show Product Item Nav - Display a navigation link back to the Products Page.
- Product Social Sharing - Add or remove Share buttons from product item pages.
- Use the Gallery Design tweak to set the layout.
Gallery Design: Grid
- Aspect Ratio - Controls the aspect ratio (width:height).
- Grid Spacing - Increase the padding between individual images in your grid.
- Min Column Width - Set the width of columns in your grid.
- Lightbox Style: Dark, Light
Gallery Design: Slideshow
- Gallery Navigation: Thumbnails, Bullets, Numbers, Circles, Simple, None - The type of navigation provided on the page.
- Gallery Info Overlay: Always Show, Show on Hover, Hide - For image titles and captions
- Gallery Aspect Ratio - Controls the aspect ratio (width:height). Use with the Gallery Auto Crop tweak.
- Gallery Arrow Style: Round Corners, Rectangular, Circular, No Background - Style the arrows used to cycle through the slides.
- Gallery Transitions: Fade, Scroll
- Gallery Show Arrows - Uncheck to hide arrows on your gallery display.
- Gallery Auto Crop - Auto-crops images to the aspect ratio set with the Gallery Aspect Ratio tweak.
- Gallery Autoplay - Cycle gallery images automatically without user interaction.
- Gallery Loop - Enable a gallery to cycle through to the first slide after the last slide.
- Gallery Autoplay Speed (sec)
- Gallery Thumbnail Size - Set the height of gallery navigation thumbnail images.
- Gallery Arrow Background
- Gallery Arrow Color
- Gallery Circle Color
- Gallery Info Background - The color used as the background for the image titles and captions.
- Disable Item Pages - Disable the title link for individual events. When unchecked, clicking an event's title opens the individual event page.
- Show Past Events
- Show Thumbnails - Show the thumbnail image for each event on the Event Page to the left of the event.
- Thumbnail Size - Controls the aspect ratio (width:height) for event thumbnails.
- Show Date Tag
- Show Date Tag w/ Time
- Show Categories
- Show Date - The date tag highlights event dates. It displays to the left of each event in on the Event Page.
- Show Time
- Show Location
- Show Export Links - Export links allow visitors to export event details to Google Calendar or iCal.
- Show Social Buttons
- Show Excerpt - Excerpts display a brief description of an event in the Events Page List view
- Show Button
- Show Back Link - Shows the 'Back To All Events’ link on individual event pages.
- 24-Hour Time
- Stacked View - Display your events as a stacked list with thumbnails appearing above the event at full-width.
These tweaks appear when you’re on an Album Page.
- Album Text Color
- Hide Album Share Link
Cover Pages are styled independently of a site’s template. Visit Styling a Cover Page for more information.
Tweaks for certain blocks also display in Site Styles. For more information about available style changes, visit What are blocks? to find help content for your specific block.