You can use the SoundCloud Block to embed tracks, playlists, and profiles content from SoundCloud.
Note: On mobile devices, visitors can play tracks in their mobile browser by tapping the SoundCloud Block. The SoundCloud app isn't required.
Step 1 - Add the SoundCloud Block
- Open a page or post editor.
- Click an Insert Point or the +.
- Select SoundCloud from the menu.
- For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
Step 2 - Add content
You can add content to the SoundCloud block in two ways:
Via a URL
You can use the URL of a profile, a playlist, or a track. Copy and paste the URL into the SoundCloud Block. If the URL is correct, you'll see a Successfully Located message, and the SoundCloud Block will display on the page.
Via embed code
For more control over how the track will display, you can use embed code generated by SoundCloud.
- Find the track you'd like to embed on Soundcloud and click Share.
- Click the Embed tab.
- Copy the embed code that appears.
- On your Squarespace site, double-click the SoundCloud block to open the editor.
- Click the embed icon.
- Paste your code into the Edit Embed Data window, and click Set to save your changes.
Note: You can also use the embed code to make the music play automatically when a visitor loads the page. Click the Embed tab on the SoundCloud track, scroll down and click More Options, then check Enable automatic play. Add this version of the code to the Edit Embed Data window, then click Set to save your changes.
Step 3 - Save
Click Apply to save your changes.
Step 4 - Resize the SoundCloud Block (optional)
The SoundCloud Block has a standard design that can't be customized, but if you have coding knowledge you can use the embed option for more control over how the SoundCloud audio displays.
You can also use the embed option to make the music play automatically when a visitor loads the page:
- On SoundCloud, click the Embed tab on the track.
- Scroll down and click More Options.
- Check Enable automatic play.
- Add this version of the code to the Edit Embed Data window on Squarespace.
- Click Set to save your changes.
Note: Adding code to your site is an advanced modification that falls outside of the scope of Squarespace support.