Use SoundCloud Blocks to embed tracks, playlists, and profile content from SoundCloud.
On mobile devices, visitors can play tracks in their mobile browser by tapping Listen in browser on the SoundCloud Block. The SoundCloud app isn't required.
Tip: SoundCloud Blocks won't work for podcasts. Use Audio Blocks instead.
Add a SoundCloud Block
To add a SoundCloud Block:
- Click Edit on a page or post.
- Click an insert point or the + icon.
- Select SoundCloud from the menu. For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
You can add content to the SoundCloud block in two ways:
Option 1 - Via a URL
- Find the URL of a track, a playlist, or a profile.
- Copy and paste the URL into the SoundCloud Block.
- If the URL is correct, you'll see a Successfully Located message, and the SoundCloud content will display on the page.
Option 2 - Via embed code
For more control over the content, you can use embed codes generated by SoundCloud:
- On SoundCloud, find the track you'd like to embed.
- Click Share.
- Click the Embed tab.
- Copy the embed code that appears. To set the code to play music automatically when visitors load the page, see Enable automatic play.
- On your Squarespace site, click Edit on the SoundCloud Block.
- Click the embed icon.
- Paste your code into the Edit Embed Data window, then click Set to save your changes.
Note: SoundCloud Blocks have a standard design that can't be customized. However, if you have coding knowledge, you can use this option for more control over how SoundCloud audio displays. Using embed codes from SoundCloud is an advanced modification that falls outside of the scope of Squarespace support.
Enable automatic play
You can use the embed option to make the music play automatically when a visitor loads the page:
- On SoundCloud, click the Embed tab on the track.
- Scroll down and click More Options.
- Check Enable automatic play.
- Add this version of the code to the Edit Embed Data window on Squarespace.
- Click Set to save your changes.
Note: Newer versions of some browsers block autoplay.