The Embed Block adds external content to your site by using links to tweets, videos, and more.
To learn more about choosing the best block for your custom content, visit Embed Blocks vs. Code Blocks.
Note: To add a video, use the Video Block.
Note: The Embed Block pulls content from external sites that use the oEmbed standard or manually set embed code. To add other code to your site, use the Code Block.
Step 1 - Add the Embed Block
- Open a page or post editor.
- Click an Insert Point or the +.
- Select Embed from the menu.
- For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
Step 2 - Enter a URL
Note: You'll need to use a URL for a site that uses oEmbed code. If the content doesn't appear, then enter embed code manually using the </> icon.
- Enter the URL of the item you're embedding.
- If we recognize that item can be embedded, a "Successfully Located" message will display below.
- Alternatively, you can click the </> icon in the URL field to display or edit the embed code.
- Click Apply to publish your changes.
Note: Third-party customization falls outside the scope of our support. This means that we’re unable to help further with setup or troubleshooting. Additionally, with a code-based solution, we can’t guarantee its functionality or full compatibility with Squarespace. This includes how it functions with our responsive design, particularly its appearance on mobile devices, and if it functions on all templates. Third-party customizations can also cause display issues with future updates to our platform. While we can't help further, there are many resources that can point you in the right direction: