Use Embed Blocks to add external content to your site with links to tweets, Facebook posts, and more.
To learn more about choosing the best block for your custom content, visit Adding custom code to your site.
Before you begin
- To add videos, use Video Blocks instead.
- Embed Blocks pull content from services that use the oEmbed standard or manually set embed code. To add other code to your site, use Code Blocks.
Add an Embed Block
- Edit a page or post, click an insert point, and select Embed from the menu. For help, visit Adding content with blocks.
- Enter the URL of the item you're embedding.
- Alternatively, you can click the </> icon in the URL field to add or edit the embed code manually.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Note: You'll need a URL for a site that uses oEmbed code. If the content doesn't appear, enter the embed code manually using the </> icon on a computer or the Code tab in the Squarespace App.
Error message: Enter a valid embed URL or code
This messages displays if there's an error with the embed URL or code. To fix the issue:
- Open the Embed Block editor.
- Add a valid URL or embed code.
- When a valid URL or code is entered, a "Successfully Located" message will display below.
If your embed code still isn't working, we recommend contacting the third-party service that provided the code for help.
Embedded content isn't displaying
As a security measure, sometimes embedded code or content doesn't appear when you're logged in. As long as the code is valid, it should display to visitors. To check that visitors can see it, try logging out of your site and visiting it, or opening it in an incognito window.
If you still can't see it, there's probably something wrong with the code. We recommend contacting the third-party service that provided the code for help.
Note: Code-based customization falls outside the scope of our support. This means that we’re unable to help further with setup or troubleshooting. Additionally, with a code-based solution, we can’t guarantee its functionality or full compatibility with Squarespace. This includes how it functions with our responsive design, particularly its appearance on mobile devices, and if it functions on all templates. Code-based customizations can also cause display issues with future updates to our platform. While we can't help further, there are many resources that can point you in the right direction: