Foursquare provides personalized recommendations for local venues, and tracks your checkins on the Swarm app. This guide explores different ways you can use Foursquare with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content|
Connect your Foursquare account
Before you start using Foursquare with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select Foursquare Swarm from the Social Accounts menu.
- Log in using your Foursquare username and password.
Add a social icon
You can add a Foursquare social icon that links to your Foursquare profile:
- In Connected Accounts, click your Foursquare Swarm account to open Foursquare Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
The Profile URL is automatically set to lead to your Foursquare profile.
Pull content from Foursquare using blocks
You can display your Foursquare activity on your pages using the Foursquare Swarm Block. This is a great way to embed your Foursquare content on your site without using third-party widgets.
Tip: We update the connection with your Foursquare account about every 30 minutes. To manually refresh the connection, return to Connected Accounts, click your Foursquare account, and then click Reset Data.