You can create pull quotes in Squarespace by dragging Text Blocks into other Text Blocks. You may refer to this action as wrapping text around text or floating Text Blocks.
A pull quote is a quotation or excerpt from a page that stands apart from the rest of the content. Pull quotes, when set at a different size and font, break up long pieces of text and can make a page more visually interesting.
A pull quote works differently than the blockquote option in a Text Block or a Quote Block. Text formatted as a blockquote or added to a Quote Block has its own formatting. Pull quotes, however, can be formatted in any way you can format a Text Block.
You might use pull quotes to share:
- The most important information from a business document
- The best quotes from an interview
- Customer testimonials for a product
To learn how to wrap text around other blocks, like images and galleries, see Moving blocks.
Watch a video
Step 1 - Add and format the text
The first step is adding text for the pull quote.
- Create a new Text Block and add the text you'll use for the pull quote. Ensure the pull quote is in its own Text Block and not part of another.
- Highlight the text, and then select a format from the Heading drop-down menu. If the rest of your page is set to Normal, we recommend selecting Heading 1, Heading 2, or Heading 3 to help it stand out.
Step 2 - Place the pull quote
Next, we'll drag and drop the Text Block into place.
- Hover over the edge of the block until your cursor becomes a hand icon.
- Click and drag the block to move it around the page.
- As you drag the block, the guideline will appear as a gray box to indicate where the block will appear in the text. Drop it to the position you prefer.
Tip: If your Text Blocks have merged, add a Spacer Block to separate them. You can delete it afterward.
The pull quote will look like this:
Tip: If you have multiple pull quotes, we recommend using the same format option for each to keep the look consistent.
Step 3 - Style the pull quote
You might want to give the Pull Quote a different font color or style to help it stand out. You can do this in the Style Editor.
- While previewing the page you're editing, double click Pages to open the Home Menu.
- Click Design, and then click Style Editor.
- Use the style tweaks in the Style Editor to style the text for that quote. For example, if you formatted the quote as Heading 3 text, change the Heading 3 tweak.