This guide explores different ways you can use Vine with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content||Other|
Note: Vine was discontinued in January, 2017. Squarespace will continue to support the Vine integration as long as they host your content.
Connect your Vine account
Before you can start using Vine with Squaresapce, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select Vine from the Social Accounts menu.
- Go to your Vine page and copy the URL from your browser's address bar.
- Enter a Label and Vine URL.
Note: On some templates, the label may appear when visitors hover over the Vine social icon.
Add a social icon
You can add a Vine social icon that links to your Vine profile:
- In Connected Accounts, click your Vine account to open Vine Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
Note: After connecting Vine to Squarespace in this step, the social icon will automatically display in most templates, but not all of them. You can also add social icons using the Social Links Block. Learn how these icons display in your template in our template guides.
Embed a Vine
You can embed a Vine video on a page or blog post using Vine's embed code.
- Log into Vine on a desktop browser.
- Open your profile.
- At the top of the Vine you're embedding, hover over the menu icon and select Embed.
- Customize the embed options, and copy the code.
- On your Squarespace site, add a Code Block to the page or post where you want the Vine to display.
- Paste the code into the Code Block Editor.
- Click Save.
Note: Adding Vine's embed code falls outside the scope of Squarespace support. While we can’t offer more help on this topic, there are many resources available that can point you in the right direction: