Add the Quickpost Bookmarklet to your browser bookmarks bar to quickly publish a blog post even when you don't have your Squarespace site open. Anyone with permissions to edit content on your site can use it.
The Quickpost Bookmarklet is a great shortcut for adding content if you often think of new ideas to post when browsing the web.
Tip: If you have multiple Blog Pages and want to use the bookmarklet for more than one blog, repeat these steps to create a different bookmarklet for each blog.
Before you begin
Your bookmarks bar may be hidden by default. To learn how to show your bookmarks bar:
Add the Quickpost Bookmarklet to your browser
To add the bookmarklet:
- In the Home Menu, click Pages.
- Open a Blog Page, then click the to open its settings.
- Scroll down to the Quickpost Bookmarklet.
- Click and drag the Post to Squarespace button to your browser's bookmarks bar.
- The bookmarklet with appear with Post to Squarespace as its name.
Use the Quickpost Bookmarklet to create posts
When you're ready to write a blog post, click the bookmarklet. You'll be prompted to log in if you're not already. A blog post editor will pop up with the name of the page you're browsing as the default post title. You can edit the title and add text or other blocks using insert points. Click Save or Save & Publish to close the editor.