GitHub is a platform for software developers to share and collaborate on projects. This guide covers adding a GitHub icon to your site.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content|
Tip: If you're using the Squarespace Developer Platform and are looking for help on using Git on your developer site, visit our Developer Documentation.
Connect your GitHub account
Before you start using GitHub with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select GitHub from the Social Accounts menu.
- Log in using your GitHub username and password.
Add a social icon
You can add a GitHub social icon that links to your GitHub profile:
- In Connected Accounts, click your GitHub account to open GitHub Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
The Profile URL is automatically set to lead to your GitHub profile.
After connecting GitHub to Squarespace in this step, the social icon will automatically display in most templates, but not all of them. You can also add social icons using the Social Links Block. Learn how these icons display in your template in our template guides.