Use Album Pages to add an album of audio files to your website.
Note: Album Pages are built primarily for music albums and aren't designed for podcasts. To set up a podcast with an RSS feed, create a Blog Page with Audio Blocks. Visit our podcasting guide to learn more.
Note: Album Pages aren't linked to Commerce. To sell music through Squarespace, use our Commerce platform and add digital products to a Products Page.
Watch a video
Add an Album Page
To add an Album Page:
- In the Home Menu, click Pages, then click the + icon.
- Select Album from the pages menu.
- Enter a page title. You can change this later.
To learn more, visit Adding pages to your navigation.
Set up your album
Click the page title in your Pages panel to open the Album panel.
Add album art
In the Add Album Art box, drag your image into the image uploader. You can also click the image uploader to open a file selection menu and select a file from your computer.
You can upload a .jpg, .png, or .gif file.
Add a title and artist name
Under Album Info, enter the artist name in the Artist Name box.
The page title appears by default in the Album Title box, but you can change it as needed. Changing the album title won't change the page title.
Add a description
Enter a description of the album in the Description box. You can use this field to explain your album, add links to your band's social media accounts, or include any other information. This displays under your album image or to its right, depending on the width of your main content area.
To upload music to your Album, click Add Tracks or drag and drop audio files into the Add Tracks box.
Note: Album Pages only support .mp3 files up to 20 MB and up to 60 tracks per page.
Track titles populate automatically. To edit a track title and add additional information, click a track in the Album panel to open the Edit Track window. The track title must be 200 characters or fewer. The track description doesn't display on your site.
Add tags and categories
You can use tags and categories to organize albums and help visitors find tracks that interest them.
To add tags and categories to tracks, click a track in the Album panel to open the Edit Track window, then click Tags or Categories. To learn more, visit Using tags and categories.
Share your album
To share tracks from your album on your social accounts:
- Click a track in the Album panel to open the Edit Track window, then click the Social tab.
- Switch the Share toggle on for every social account you want to share the track.
- When visitors click the post on the social account, it will take them to your Album Page.
Visitors can share your album on their social accounts by clicking the Share button below the album description.
Organize your album
Change the order of tracks in an album by clicking and dragging them in the Album panel.
Move tracks between albums
If you have multiple Album Pages, you can move a track from one Album Page to another. To learn more, visit Moving collection items between pages.
Click Delete in the Edit Track window to delete a track from your album. You can also click the trash can that appears when you hover over a track.
Edit Album Settings
To open Album Settings, hover over the Album Page title and click . Here are a few of the settings you can change:
- Page Description - In the Basic tab, this description will be indexed by search engines and can help improve SEO. For more help, visit Adding search engine and page descriptions.
- Banner/Thumbnail Image - In the Media tab, you can add the same image as your album art or use another image. Depending on your template, it may be used as a banner image. For more help, visit Adding thumbnail images.
- Manage Tags/Categories - In the Advanced tab, you can remove or rename tags and categories for the Album Page.
- To learn more about your Album Page's settings, visit Page Settings.
Style the Album Page
To customize your Album Page's fonts and buttons, click Design in the Home Menu, then click Site Styles.
- Click any area of the page in the preview to display only the style tweaks available for that area and hide the rest.
- If you have multiple Album Pages, style changes will apply to all of them to create a consistent look.
- Your template may support additional features, such as banner images or page headers, that affect how the Album Page looks.
All templates have the same Album Page style tweak options:
- Album Text Color - Set the color of the track names and lengths
- Hide Album Share Link - Hide or display the Share button
The artist name and album description text follow your site's body font style. The album title follows the Heading 1 font. The names of these tweaks vary by template.
For most templates, the Share button follows either the body text or body links style. In the Skye family, the Label Color tweak changes the color of the Share button.
Can I use Album Pages for podcasting?
No. To create a podcast, add a Blog Page and create a new post with an Audio Block for each podcast episode. To learn more, visit Podcasting with Squarespace.
Can I sell my tracks on Album Pages?
No. To sell music or other audio files, upload and sell them as digital products using our Commerce platform.
Can visitors download tracks from Album Pages?
Visitors may be able to download tracks by right-clicking (or Control + clicking on Mac) on a track and opening it in a new window or tab. We recommend using an Audio Block and enabling a Download link if you want visitors to directly download music from a page on your site.
Is there a track limit?
Yes. Each Album Page can hold up to 60 tracks.
Can I add more than one album to an Album Page?
No. Only one album can be added to an Album Page. To create another album, add another Album Page.
Can visitors comment on Album Pages?
No. Comments can only be added to Blog Pages. If you want visitors to comment on tracks, upload them as Audio Blocks on a Blog Page instead.
Can I add Album Pages to my Index?
Yes, depending on your template. You can add Album Pages to Indexes in these template families: