You can add an Animoto video to your site using the Video Block.
Step 1 - Add the Video Block
- Open a page or post editor.
- Click an Insert Point or the +.
- Select Video from the menu.
- For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
Step 2 - Add the Animoto video
There are two ways to add the video.
Use the video URL
- Copy the video URL by clicking Link from the Share options in Animoto.
- Copy the full URL link. Leave Hide Animoto Branding unchecked. The Video Block can't use the masked URL.
- In Squarespace, paste the URL into the Video URL box in the block editor. The video description automatically syncs to the Video Block's Description box.
Use the embed code
Use this option if you have a Pro Animoto account and want more control over how the video plays.
- Click Embed from the Share options in Animoto.
- Change the size, quality, volume, autoplay, and other settings, and then copy the full embed code.
- In Squarespace, click the embed icon in the Edit Video window.
- Paste the code into the Embed Code box, and then click Set.
Step 3 - Add an image overlay
You can add a thumbnail image that displays over the video before a visitor clicks Play. By checking Image Overlay, an overlay image will display.
To add an image overlay, click the Custom Thumbnail box or drag an image to this area. Ensure Use Custom Thumbnail is checked.
Step 4 - Edit the video description
Select Caption Below from the drop-down and add a description to display below the video. The box may already contain the description of the video from Animoto, but you can edit this text.
Step 5 - Save
Click Save to publish your changes.
Tip: To learn more about the Video Block, Using the Video Block. You can also add Animoto videos to a Gallery Block or a Gallery Page.