If you're moving to Squarespace from Shopify, you can import your Shopify products to your Squarespace store.
Note: This is a one-time import. Any updates in your Shopify store won't automatically sync to Squarespace after the import.
Before you begin
Importing unlimited stock products
To import products from Shopify so they have an unlimited quantity, leave the Variant Inventory Tracker column blank in Shopify's .csv file.
No manually created .csv files
Manually created .csv files won't import correctly. To successfully import products from Shopify, follow the steps below using a Shopify export file. You can also use our .csv template to import products.
Note: Cover page only sites can't import products.
What imports from Shopify
Squarespace will import these fields from your Shopify products:
- Product Name
- Basic Information (from the Description field in Shopify)
Step 1 - Export your Shopify products
- Log into your Shopify account and click Products.
- Click Export.
- Save the .csv file to your computer.
Note: For more help on exporting products in Shopify, visit their documentation.
Step 2 - Import your products
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Advanced, and then click Import / Export.
- Click Import.
- Select Shopify from the Import Site menu.
- Drag and drop the .csv file you downloaded in Step 1 into the Add a File box.
- Click Begin Import.
- When the import is complete, a Success message will display.
Step 3 - Move your content
The imported products will appear in a new Products Page in the Not Linked section of the Pages panel. To add your imported products to a navigation menu, drag and drop the page to a navigation section. To learn more, visit Moving pages around your navigation.
Tip: If you don't see an Imported Products page in the Pages panel, refresh your browser.
Now that your content is on your new site, you might want to: