In this guide, you'll learn how to change the email address associated with your Squarespace account.
Your email address is also your login username. After changing it, use the updated email address to log into any Squarespace site connected to your account.
Keeping a valid email address on file with us ensures that you receive all notifications for your site and about your account, including replies to any Customer Care tickets. We recommend using an email address you can regularly access.
Watch a video
Before you begin
- If you forgot the email address associated with your account, you can recover it from the login screen.
- To transfer ownership of one site, follow the steps in Changing site ownership instead.
- To use an email address already used to log into a different site, invite that address as a contributor instead.
- Updating your account email address doesn't change where you receive Form Block submissions. To change that email address, visit Managing form and newsletter storage.
- A valid account email address is required per our Terms of Service.
Step 1 - Open Account & Security settings
Use these steps to open Account & Security settings:
Tip: Click this link to open your Account & Security settings, then start with Step 2 below. You may be prompted to log into your account.
- In the Home Menu, click your avatar.
- In your Account Dashboard, hover over your avatar in the top-right corner.
- Select Account & Security.
Step 2 - Change your account email address
In Account & Security settings, click your email address.
Enter your new email address twice, verify your password, and then click Save.
All sites connected to your account will update with this email address.