This guide walks you through Native’s options for adjusting the look and feel of your site. These options are available in the Style Editor.
This is a supplement to the guide Making style changes, which we suggest you read first if you're new to Squarespace.
Tip: In the Home Menu, click Design, and then click Style Editor. To access tweaks specific to a page, navigate to the Style Editor when on that specific page.
The Native template supports these page types:
- Blog - The list-style Blog Page stacks posts vertically.
- Regular Page - A blank page you can customize with blocks.
- Album - Create a page with playable music tracks and cover art.
- Events - Create a calendar or list of events.
- Gallery - Style the gallery as a slideshow or grid.
- Products (Classic) - Sell goods and services with our integrated Commerce features.
- Cover Page - A unique landing page styled separately from your template.
Site header and navigation
Use the tweaks in the Site Header section of the Style Editor to adjust the color, size, and font style of the site title, site description, and tag line.
The tweaks in the Site Navigation section adjust the color, size and font style of the Main Navigation.
Add drop-down menus to the navigation with folders.
- The menu background matches the Site Background tweak.
Customize your site title and tag line in the Logo & Title panel. The site description content is set in the Basic Information panel. You can remove the tag line and site description altogether by deleting the placeholder text.
Note: To learn how to adjust what pages display in the navigation menu, visit Adding pages to your navigation.
Set the background color of your site with the Site Background tweak in the General section of the Style Editor.
Use the Site Background Image tweak to replace the background color with an image. For information about styling the image, visit Adding a background image.
On Blog Pages, thumbnail images are cropped to circles above post excerpts. On all other pages, images display normally.
Footer and social icons
Social icons display by default in the footer. Social icons link to your connected accounts.
Use the tweaks in the Footer section of the Style editor to change the style of the footer and social icons.
Because Squarespace templates are built with responsive design, your site will adjust on mobile devices to better fit the format of that device. You can use Device View to see how your site will look on different devices.
Background images can't be fixed in some browsers.
On a narrow mobile browser, such as a smartphone:
- The navigation displays below the site header as a drop-down menu titled Navigation.
- Blog post thumbnails don't display.
Note: You can disable mobile styles in the Advanced panel.
Learn about Native Blog Pages.