This guide walks you through Native’s options for adjusting the look and feel of your site. These options are available in the Site Styles panel.
This is a supplement to the guide Making style changes, which we suggest you read first if you're new to Squarespace.
Tip: In the Home Menu, click Design, and then click Site Styles. To access tweaks specific to a page, navigate to Site Styles when on that specific page.
The Native template supports these page types:
- Blog - The list-style Blog Page stacks posts vertically.
- Layout Page - An open page you can customize with blocks.
- Album - Create a page with playable music tracks and cover art.
- Events - Create a calendar or list of events.
- Gallery (Standard) - Style the gallery as a slideshow or grid.
- Products (Classic) - Sell goods and services with our integrated Commerce features.
- Cover Page - A unique landing page styled separately from your template.
Site header and navigation
In Native, the site title, tag line, and site description display centered at the top above the Main Navigation.
Use the tweaks in the Site Header section of Site Styles to adjust the color, size, and font style of the site title, site description, and tag line.
- The tweaks in the Site Navigation section adjust the color, size and font style of the Main Navigation.
- The menu background matches the Site Background tweak.
Add drop-down menus to the navigation with folders.
Customize your site title and tag line in the Logo & Title panel.
To adjust the site description, hover over the area below the site title and click Edit. Style it with the Description tweaks in the Site Header section of Site Styles. To remove the site description, delete the text.
Note: To learn how to adjust what pages display in the navigation menu, visit Adding pages to your navigation.
Set the background color of your site with the Site Background tweak in the General section of Site Styles.
Use the Site Background Image tweak to replace the background color with an image. For information about styling the image, visit Adding a background image.
On Blog Pages, thumbnail images are cropped to circles above post excerpts. On all other pages, images display normally.
Footer and social icons
Built-in social icons display by default in the footer.
Use the tweaks in the Footer section of Site Styles to change the style of the footer and social icons.
Because Squarespace templates are built with responsive design, your site will adjust on mobile devices to better fit the format of that device. You can use Device View to see how your site will look on different devices.
Background images can't be fixed in some browsers.
The navigation displays below the site header as a drop-down menu link titled Navigation. The menu that appears looks different on different devices:
On a narrow mobile browser, such as a smartphone, blog post thumbnails don't display.
Note: You can disable mobile styles.
Learn about Native Blog Pages.