Google+ is a social networking site powered by Google. Connecting Google+ with Squarespace allows you to add a Google+ social icon and a share button to your site. This guide explores the different ways you can connect Google+ with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content|
Connect your Google+ account
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select Google+ from the Social Accounts menu.
- Log in using your Google+ username and password.
Add a social Icon
You can add a Google+ social icon that links to your Google+ profile:
- In Connected Accounts, click your Google+ account to open Google+ Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
After you follow the steps above you can link your Google+ icon to a business profile:
- Open Google+ Settings in Connected Accounts.
- Paste your business profile URL into the Profile URL field.
- Click Save.
Note: After connecting Google+ to Squarespace in this step, the social icon will automatically display in most, but not all, templates. You can also add social icons using the Social Links Block. Learn how these icons display in your template in our template guides.
Add a Share button
To help visitors share your content on Google+, you can add a Google+ Share button to the following content:
- Album Pages
- Events Pages
- Gallery Pages
- Regular Pages
- Blog posts
- Product items
Log in with Google+
If you created your Squarespace account using your Google+ credentials, you'll see the option to Log in with Google on the login page.