Google+ is a social networking site powered by Google. Connect Google+ with Squarespace to add a Google+ social icon and a share button to your site. This guide explores the different ways you can connect Google+ with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content|
Connect your Google+ account
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select Google+ from the Social Accounts menu.
- Log in using your Google+ username and password.
Add a social Icon
You can add a Google+ social icon that links to your Google+ profile:
- In Connected Accounts, click your Google+ account to open Google+ Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
After you follow the steps above you can link your Google+ icon to a business profile:
- Open Google+ Settings in Connected Accounts.
- Paste your business profile URL into the Profile URL field.
- Click Save.
Add a Share button
To help visitors share your content on Google+, you can add a Google+ Share button to the following content:
- Album Pages
- Events Pages
- Gallery Pages
- Regular Pages (Flatiron template only)
- Blog posts
- Product items
Log in with Google+
If you created your Squarespace account using your Google+ credentials, you'll see the option to Log in with Google on the login page.