Review the guides in this section to learn how to optimize content for Google searches and use analytics tools to understand how visitors find and use your site.
SEO and optimizing for search
Follow these best practices to improve your site's search ranking.
- See the SEO-friendly features built into every Squarespace site in SEO and Squarespace overview.
- Increase your site's visibility to search engines.
- Manage your site's search presence by verifying with Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Maintain your SEO ranking after moving to Squarespace.
- Customize title formats to help search engines understand your pages.
- Add search engine and page descriptions to entice visitors to click your link when it appears in search results.
Troubleshoot search issues
Many common search issues can be resolved by requesting a site indexing.
- Troubleshoot common reasons why your site doesn't appear in Google results.
- After verifying with Google Search Console, you can request that Google index your site if the wrong information is appearing in search results.
- Learn why you may see robots.txt crawl errors after verifying your site with Google Search Console.
- You can use multiple domains for your site without hurting your SEO.
Use Squarespace Analytics
Squarespace Analytics provides insight into your site's performance.
- Use Squarespace Analytics to explore your site's traffic.
- Visit our Analytics FAQ or glossary.
- See more data using our integration with Google Analytics.
Watch a video
Watch this video from our Next Steps Series for a visual walkthrough of these topics.
Tip: Find more SEO and analytics guides by exploring the left navigation.