Aviator, Aubrey, and Encore share the same underlying structure and functionality. This guide applies to all these templates.
This guide is a reference for Site Styles tweaks in the Aviator, Aubrey, and Encore templates. To learn how to use Site Styles, visit Making style changes.
Note: The Squarespace platform is constantly evolving to give you the best possible tools for building your website. We update these guides frequently, but if the platform has recently changed you may see slightly different options than the ones listed below. The best way to learn the functionality of any tweak is to experiment with it and see what changes on your site.
Adjust the colors on your site. The Navigation tweaks adjust the Main Navigation.
- Site Background
- Background Image - Add an image as your site background. For styling help, visit Adding a background image.
- Background Overlay - Add a filter effect by selecting an overlay color.
- Content Background - Adjust the color of the main content area of your site.
- Borders - Adjust the color of the border set in the Site Border tweak in the Options section.
- Navigation Hover
- Navigation Active
- Folder Dropdown Background - Adjust the color of the folder menu overlay. Appears when you add a folder to your Main Navigation.
- Site Title
- Contact Info
- Link Hovers
- Text - Affects body text.
- Quote Text - Affects Quote Block text.
- Header/Footer Background
- Header/Footer Links
- Header Footer Link Hovers
- Footer Text
Adjust the font styles on your site.
- Site Title Font
- Tagline Font
- Contact Info Font
- Navigation Font - Adjusts the Main Navigation.
- Heading 1 Font - Includes album titles.
- Heading 2 Font
- Heading 3 Font
- Text Font - Affects body text.
- Quote Font - Affects Quote Block text.
Sizes & Values
Adjust the size and spacing of key elements on your site. These tweaks don’t appear when you’re on an Info Page.
- Site Width
- Logo Size - Appears if you’ve replaced the site title with a logo.
- Site Title Margin
- Site Tagline Margin
- Header Top/Bottom Padding
- Blog Left/Right Padding - Appears on Blog Pages.
- Blog Top/Bottom Padding - Appears on Blog Pages.
Adjust the layout of your site. Aside from the Info Page Layout tweak, these tweaks don’t affect your Info Page.
- Info Page Layout: Offset, Poster, Business Card - Affects the layout of your Info Page and main site.
- Site Drop Shadow - Add or remove a shadow around the content area of your main site.
- Tagline and Contact Info: Show All, Show Tagline Only, Show Contact Info Only, Hide All
- Site Border: Thin, Normal, Bold, Ultra, None
Info Page Styles
These tweaks appear when you’re on an Info Page. The layout is controlled with the Info Page Layout tweak in the Options section.
- Overlay colors create a filter effect.
- Info Page Background Image - Add an image as your Info Page background. For styling help, visit Adding a background image.
- Info Page Background Overlay
- Info Page Content Overlay Color - Appears when Info Page Content Overlay is checked.
- Info Page Site Title
- Info Page Tagline
- Info Page Contact Info
- Info Page Description
- Freeform Text on Info Page - Remove the auto-populated text in the content area and replace it with customized blocks.
- Info Page Content Overlay
- Info Page Content Drop Shadow
- Hide Info Page Dividers - Remove the line between the address and site description.
- Info Page Site Title Font
- Info Page Tagline Font
- Info Page Contact Info Font
- Info Page Description Font
- Info Page Content Width
- Info Page Content Padding - Appears when Info Page Layout: Business Card is selected.
- Info Page Logo Size - Appears if you’ve replaced the site title with a logo.
- Info Page Site Title Margin
- Info Page Tagline Margin
- Info Page Rounded Corners - Appears when Info Page Content Overlay is checked.
Adjust how your site looks on mobile devices.
- Mobile Background Image - Display the site background image on mobile. You may need to adjust the background colors for this to show. This tweak doesn't affect Info Pages.
- Logo Size on Mobile - Appears if you’ve replaced your site title with a logo. This tweak doesn't affect Info Pages.
Social Icon Styles
Social icons link to your connected accounts.
- Social Icon Style: Normal, Round, Square
- Hide Social Icons
- Social Icon Size
- Social Icons - Adjusts the color.
These tweaks appear when you’re on a Blog Page. To learn more, visit Blogging with Squarespace.
- Hide Author
- Blog Post Title Font
- Meta Text - Set the color of meta text, such as blog authors and post dates.
- Show Category Navigation - Hide or display the category navigation.
- Category Nav Font
- Category Nav Link Color
- Category Nav Active Color
- Product Background Color - The color behind the product image.
- Product Overlay Color - Set the color of the on-hover overlay when Product List Titles: Overlay is enabled.
- Products Per Row - Set the number of products per row on the Products Page.
- Product List Titles: Under, Overlay - Set the title and price to display under the thumbnail image or on hover.
- Product List Alignment: Center, Left - Set text to Center or Left when Product List Titles: Under is enabled.
- Product Item Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on the Products Page.
- Product Image Auto Crop - Crop product images to the aspect ratio set with the Product Item Size tweak.
- Product Gallery Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on product item pages.
- Product Gallery Auto Crop - Crop images on product item pages to the aspect ratio set with the Product Gallery Size tweak.
- Show Product Price - Show or hide prices on the Product Page. If unchecked, the price will still appear on product item pages.
- Show Product Item Nav - Display a navigation link back to the Products Page.
- Product Social Sharing - Add or remove Share buttons from product item pages.
- Use the Gallery Design tweak to set the layout.
Gallery Design: Grid
- Aspect Ratio - Controls the aspect ratio (width:height) for the gallery active slide.
- Grid Spacing - Increase the padding between individual images in your grid.
- Min Column Width - Set the width of columns in your grid.
- Lightbox Style: Dark, Light
Gallery Design: Slideshow
- Gallery Navigation: Thumbnails, Bullets, Numbers, Circles, Simple, None - The type of navigation provided on the page.
- Gallery Info Overlay: Always Show, Show on Hover, Hide - For image titles and captions
- Gallery Aspect Ratio - Controls the aspect ratio (width:height) for the gallery active slide. Use with the Gallery Auto Crop tweak.
- Gallery Arrow Style: Round Corners, Rectangular, Circular, No Background - Style the arrows used to cycle through the slides.
- Gallery Transitions: Fade, Scroll
- Gallery Show Arrows - Uncheck to hide arrows on your gallery display.
- Gallery Auto Crop - Auto-crops images to the aspect ratio set with the Gallery Aspect Ratio tweak.
- Gallery Autoplay - Cycle gallery images automatically without user interaction.
- Gallery Loop - Enable a gallery to cycle through to the first slide after the last slide.
- Gallery Autoplay Speed (sec)
- Gallery Thumbnail Size - Set the height of gallery navigation thumbnail images.
- Gallery Arrow Background
- Gallery Arrow Color
- Gallery Circle Color
- Gallery Info Background - The color used as the background for the image titles and captions.
- Disable Item Pages - Disable the title link for individual events. When unchecked, clicking an event's title opens the individual event page.
- Show past Events
- Show Thumbnails - Show the thumbnail image for each event on the Event Page to the left of the event.
- Thumbnail Size
- Show Date Tag - The date tag highlights event dates. It displays to the left of each event in on the Event Page.
- Show Date Tag w/ Time
- Show Categories
- Show Date
- Show Time
- Show Location
- Show Export Links - Export links allow visitors to export event details to Google Calendar or iCal.
- Show Social Buttons
- Show Excerpt - Excerpts display a brief description of an event in the Events Page List view.
- Show Button
- Show Back Link - Shows the 'Back To All Events’ link on individual event pages.
- 24-Hour Time
- Stacked View - Display your events as a stacked list with thumbnails appearing above the event at full-width.
These tweaks appear when you’re on an Album Page.
- Album Text Color
- Hide Album Share Link
Cover Pages are styled independently of a site’s template. Visit Styling a Cover Page to learn more.
Tweaks for certain blocks also display in Site Styles. To learn more about available style changes, visit What are blocks? to find help content for your specific block.