This guide is a reference for all Site Styles tweaks in the Forte template.
Note: The Squarespace platform is constantly evolving to give you the best possible tools for building your website. We update these guides frequently, but if the platform has recently changed you may see slightly different options than the ones listed below. The best way to learn the functionality of any tweak is to experiment with it and see what changes on your site.
Adjust the background and layout your site.
- Background - Set the background color.
- Page Background Image - Replace the background color with an image on most pages.
- Content Width - Set the width of your main content area.
- Content Alignment: Left, Center - Set the alignment of your main content area.
Style your Index slideshow.
- Index Transition: Fade, Slide - Choose the animation effect when the Index Page transitions to the next thumbnail.
- Hide Arrows - Hide or display display arrows for navigating between thumbnails.
- Hide Folder Title - Hide or display the name of your index.
- Auto Play - Choose whether the slides rotate automatically.
- Auto Play Delay - Set the time before the Index Page transitions to the next thumbnail. Choose a time between 0 and 9.9 seconds.
- Slides Click Through - Enable visitors to go to the connected page by clicking anywhere on the slide. When disabled, they must click the page title.
- Collection Title - Style the font of the page title and Index name.
Adjust your Gallery Page.
- Lightbox Transition: Slide, Fade
Adjust your site's header elements. The auto-detect feature sets their color to black or white depending on the background.
- Site Title
- Logo Image Max-Height
- Hide Folder Symbol - Hide the + icon next to folders and Index Pages.
- Headings Color
- Headings - Style all headers on your site. The sizes scale proportionally to the body text.
- Body Text Color
- Body Text
- Body Link color
- Body Link Hover Color
- Underline Body Links
- Quote Block
Adjust the settings for your Blog Page.
- Show Author Name - Hide or display the blog post author.
- Sidebar Position: Right, Left, Hidden
- Sidebar Width
Adjust the style of the social icons that display in your header.
- Social Icon Size
- Show Social Icons
- Social Icon Style: Normal, Square, Round
- Show Category Navigation - Hide or display the category navigation.
- Category Nav Font
- Category Nav Color
- Category Nav Active Color
- Product Background Color - The color behind the product image.
- Product Overlay Color - Set the color of the on-hover overlay when Product List Titles: Overlay is enabled.
- Products Per Row - Set the number of products per row on the Products Page.
- Product List Titles: Under, Overlay - Set the title and price to display under the thumbnail image or on hover.
- Product List Alignment: Center, Left - Set text to Center or Left when Product List Titles: Under is enabled.
- Product Item Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on the Products Page.
- Product Image Auto Crop - Crop product images to the aspect ratio set with the Product Item Size tweak.
- Product Gallery Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on product item pages.
- Product Gallery Auto Crop - Crop images on product item pages to the aspect ratio set with the Product Gallery Size tweak.
- Show Product Price - Show or hide prices on the Product Page. If unchecked, the price will still appear on product item pages.
- Show Product Item Nav - Display a navigation link back to the Products Page.
- Product Social Sharing - Add or remove Share buttons from product item pages.
- Disable Item Pages - Disable the title link for individual events. When unchecked, clicking an event's title opens the individual event page.
- Show Past Events
- Show Thumbnails - Show the thumbnail image for each event on the Event Page to the left of the event.
- Thumbnail Size
- Show Date Tag - The date tag highlights event dates. It displays to the left of each event in on the Event Page.
- Show Date Tag w/ Time
- Show Categories
- Show Date
- Show Time
- Show Location
- Show Export Links - Export links allow visitors to export event details to Google Calendar or iCal.
- Show Social Buttons
- Show Excerpt - Excerpts display a brief description of an event in Events Page List view.
- Show Button
- Show Back Link - Shows the 'Back To All Events’ link on individual event pages.
- 24-Hour Time
- Stacked View - Display your events as a stacked list with thumbnails appearing above the event at full-width.
These tweaks appear when you’re on an Album Page.
- Album Text Color
- Hide Album Share Link
Cover Pages are styled independently of a site’s template. Visit Styling a Cover Page for more information.
Tweaks for certain blocks will also display in Site Styles. For more information about available style changes, visit What are blocks? to find help content for your specific block.