With the Squarespace Analytics App, you can view key statistics for your Squarespace sites from a mobile device. The app is available for Android and iOS.
Note: The Analytics App has been discontinued and can no longer be installed or updated. If you've already installed the Analytics App, you can keep using it until June 30, 2021. As an alternative, use the Squarespace App to fully manage Analytics and other parts of your site from one app.
Before you begin
- The Analytics App must connect to an active Squarespace version 7.0 or 7.1 site. Squarespace 5 sites aren’t supported.
- Site Owners, Administrators, and users with Reporting permissions can use the app. To learn more about permissions, visit Squarespace permissions explained.
- You can review recently refreshed Analytics offline. However, you’ll need an internet connection to refresh the latest data.
Using the Analytics App
The app uses data cards to show the same data you can see in Analytics on a computer. These statistics can help you learn more about how visitors interact with your site. Different data cards appear for different plans, helping you focus on the most important data for your site.
For example, if you’re a blogger on a Website plan, you may want to review your most popular content, the size of your audience, and the sites that refer people to you.
If you have a store on a Commerce plan, you’ll likely want to review your sales, your top products, and any abandoned cart statistics.
Analytics on a computer vs. the app
While the app mostly reflects what you see on a computer, there are some differences:
- The app doesn’t include cards for Search Engine Queries or Site Search Queries.
- The app includes separate cards for Device Type and Top Products. You can find these statistics on a computer, but they aren’t in their own panels.
- The app doesn’t include analytics for Squarespace Email Campaigns, which are only in the Email Campaigns dashboard.
- The RSS Subscribers card in the app always displays RSS traffic from all feeds. The computer panel includes an option to filter traffic by a specific feed.
Supported operating systems
- Download the app for iOS or Android.
- Open the app and follow the prompts to log into your account or start a new one. For help logging in, visit I can't log in.
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your account, you'll be prompted to enter your six-digit authentication code after logging in. To learn more, visit Protect your account with two-factor authentication.
- Choose a site from your account to sync with the app. You can sync and view one site at a time.
Manage push notifications
Enable push notifications on your device to receive alerts for traffic spikes on your site.
The way you enable notifications depends on which version of the app you're using.
To enable notifications:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll down and tap Analytics.
- Tap the Allow Notifications toggle to switch it on, then choose how you want notifications to appear.
For more on managing notifications, see Apple’s documentation.
To enable notifications:
- Open your device's Settings.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap See all apps, then tap Commerce.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the Show Notifications toggle to switch it on. You can also tap Advanced to choose how you want notifications to appear.
These steps may vary depending on your device. For more help, contact your Android device's manufacturer.
Does Analytics data count my own IP address as a visitor?
Squarespace Analytics automatically ignores all site owner and contributor activity when you're logged into your site. When you're logged out, however, we have no way to identify that the visit is you, so Analytics logs your IP address like you're an ordinary visitor.
To learn more, visit Squarespace Analytics.
Can I see my top product sales broken down by variant?
No. Each top-selling product total includes sales for all variants.
Why don’t I see a comparison line on my line graph?
The following cards use line graphs to show how your data changes over time:
- RSS Subscribers
- Sales Overview
- Traffic Overview
If you don’t see a gray line showing data from an earlier time frame, this could be happening for a couple different reasons:
- The site you’ve synced with the app doesn’t have data from that time frame. For example, if you created your site within the past year, you won’t see comparison data for the previous year. To see comparison data, choose a time frame from the date picker that covers the time your site has been active.
- The comparison time frame’s end date is more than four days after the primary time frame’s start date. The app allows for up to four days of overlap when comparing two time frames, but no more than four days.
How does gift card data display in the app?
If you sell gift cards in your store, you’ll see them listed in your Top Products card. You can also use the Filter Products option in the Purchase Funnel card to view only gift card data.
Gift cards are counted as revenue in your Sales Overview when a customer redeems one on your site, but not when they’re initially sold. For more information, visit Selling gift cards.
Does Commerce data include test orders?
How far back can I see data?
How far back you can go in Analytics depends on the panel you’re viewing.
- In Sales Overview, Traffic Overview, Traffic Sources, Purchase Funnel, and Abandoned Cart, you can view data starting from when you started this site or from when we added the panel.
- In Activity Log, you can view data from the last seven days.
How often does Analytics refresh with new data?
When you refresh the app manually by swiping down, you’ll see the latest available Analytics data. This data can take up to two hours to update, both in the app and on a computer.
How does Analytics handle different time zones and currencies?
Time, date ranges, and currencies are based on what you’ve set in Language and Region Settings, not your visitors’ time zones or currencies. Changes to Language and Region Settings aren’t retroactive.
If I switch plans, will the Analytics app display historical data?
Yes. We track data for all sites, regardless of plan.
For example, if you upgrade to a Commerce plan, your Abandoned Cart and Purchase Funnel panels will display historical data, dating back to when you began selling products on your site or when we released those cards, whichever is more recent.
Note: For plan-specific information about what data displays, visit Squarespace Analytics.
How are views for pages in an Index counted (version 7.0)?
Index Pages are only available on version 7.0.
Views to pages in an Index are counted in two different ways:
- Viewing a sub-page accessed from the main Index Page counts as a view for the Index Page, not the individual sub-page.
- Viewing a sub-page directly from its unique URL counts as a view for the individual sub-page, not the Index.
To get more views on a certain sub-page, change how you share your Index Page.
Can Squarespace help improve my results?
We can't provide specific advice for improving your Analytics results, as everyone's content, goals, and audience are a little different. There are plenty of resources online that explore different ways to impact your analytics, and we recommend experimenting to find out what has the best results for your site.
If you want an outside opinion on your Analytics, review these options:
- Get advice from the community in the Squarespace Forum.
- Hire a Squarespace Expert to review your site and Analytics.
If you're having trouble with the Analytics App, we recommend following these troubleshooting steps:
- Review the app's built-in help guides.
- Ensure you’ve updated to the latest version of the app.
- If you're having trouble with two-factor authentication, visit Protect your account with two-factor authentication.
- If you're still having trouble, use the Help or Need Help? option in the app's Settings menu to contact Customer Support.