You can use the Site Styles panel to customize the way products appear on your site. This is a great way to match the design and presentation of your products to your site's brand.
Product styling options vary by template. Use this guide to explore what you can style in the Classic Products Page.
The Classic Product Page is available in the following templates. Templates are grouped by family.
- Aviator family - Aubrey, Aviator
- Bedford family - Anya, Bryant, Bedford, Hayden
- Montauk family - Julia, Kent, Montauk, Om
- Pacific family - Charlotte, Fulton, Horizon, Naomi, Pacific
Landing page vs. product item pages
Before styling your products, it's a good idea to understand how Squarespace structures them on all sites. Products are organized in two parts: Products Pages, which create a browsable landing page, and then individual product item pages. These areas share some style tweaks and have their own style options.
To learn more, visit Adding products to your store.
Style the Products Page
- Go to any Products Page on your site.
- In the Home Menu, click Design, then Site Styles.
- Use the Products tweaks to adjust the landing page style.
- For tweaks specific to individual product item pages, exit Site Styles, open a product, then re-enter Site Styles.
- Click any area of the page in the preview to display only the style tweaks available for that area and hide the rest.
- If you have multiple Products Pages, style changes will apply to all of them to create a consistent look.
- Your template may support additional features, such as banner images or page headers, that affect how the Products Page looks.
Visitors to your Products Page see all your products laid out in a grid. Style the grid with the Products Per Row tweak.
Use the following tweaks to style how product images display on the landing page.
- Product Item Size - Set the shape of the image container. Choose from the following height:width ratios: 1:1, 3:2, 2:3, 4:3, 16:9
- Product Image Auto Crop - Choose whether the image crops to fill the image container.
- Product Background Color - This color displays behind images that aren't cropped to the container size.
Here's an example where the images aren't cropped, and the product background color is set to blue:
The price and title of each item can display on the landing page.
- Product List Titles: Under, Overlay - Set the title and price to display under the image or on hover.
- Product List Alignment: Center, Left - Align text when Product List Titles: Under is enabled.
- Show Product Price - Uncheck to hide the prices on the landing page.
- Product Overlay Color - Set the color of the on-hover overlay when Product List Titles: Overlay is selected. Adjust the slider to set transparency.
After you add categories to your products, they can create a navigation menu at the top of the landing page. Customers can use these links to filter the products they want.
Style the category navigation with these tweaks:
- Show Category Navigation - Uncheck to hide the category navigation on item pages and the landing page.
- Category Nav Font
- Category Nav Color
- Category Nav Active Color
Classic Products Pages include some tweaks for the item page view:
- Show Product Nav - Hide or display a navigation link back to the Products Page.
- Product Social Sharing - Add Share buttons
- Product Gallery Size - Set the size of the product image container. Choose from the following height:width ratios: 1:1, 3:2, 2:3, 4:3, 16:9.
- Product Gallery Auto Crop - Choose whether the product image crops to fill the image container. If not, the Product Background Color will display behind the image.
You can also choose to display the category navigation on both the item page and landing page.
Visitors to a product's item page see:
- The item's image on the left
- Item details on the right
- A browsable thumbnail navigation below the item image
- Content from the Additional Info tab displays below
- A Back To link in the top left that leads back to your Products Page
Note: For Forte and Momentum, the item image shows on the right, with the details on the left.
Add to Cart button
Adjust the Add To Cart button with the tweaks in the Buttons section. This affects other buttons on your site, such as the Submit button in a Form Block.
- Style: Default, Solid, Outline, Raised
- Shape: Square, Rounded, Pill
- Button Color
- Text Color
The text on the Products Page follows the same style tweaks as the text on the rest of your site. For example, to change the item title font or color, adjust the Header or Heading 1 tweak. Tweak names vary by template.
Experiment with the style options listed above until you settle on a design you love. We've included a few examples below to help inspire you. Each template may have more style options, such as banners, that can change the page's appearance.
Here's an example of the landing page in the Avenue template. It includes:
- Category navigation
- Prices and titles below the image
- Three items per row
Here's a more minimalist styling on the same template. It includes:
- Prices that show on hover
- A blue overlay color
- Five items per row
- A taller aspect ratio
- No category navigation
Here's an example of how the product item page could look: