Montauk, Julia, Kent, and Om share the same underlying structure and functionality. This guide applies to all these templates.
The Gallery Page in these templates stacks images and videos vertically.
Note: To set up your Gallery Page and images, visit Using the Gallery Page.
- Use the Project Layout: Right Sidebar tweak in the Index Styles section of Site Styles to reverse the layout.
- The images change size based on the sidebar width.
Image titles and descriptions display below each image.
- The text follows the Body Text tweaks.
- Image titles are always bold.
- Control the page title font with the Index Thumb Titles tweak in the Index Styles section of Site Styles.
- Control the title size with the Heading 2 tweak in the Typography section.
- The description text follows the Body Text tweaks.
- To use different text for search results, add an SEO title and description.
You can hide the text:
- Page titles and descriptions - Delete the title or description from Page Settings. If you do this, ensure you add an SEO title or description. These won't display on your site, but are helpful for SEO.
- Image titles and descriptions - Remove the title or description in the image's editor.
Gallery Pages display differently when a visitor opens one by clicking its thumbnail on an Index Page.
- The top of the Gallery Page displays at the top of the browser, rather than the site header. This places emphasis on your page content. Visitors can scroll up to see the site header.
- Thumbnails for all other pages in the Index display at the bottom of the page along with navigation elements.
The sidebar area on the left contains the page title and description.
Use the Index Sidebar Width tweak to adjust the size of the sidebar. The images and text change size to fit.
- These templates don't support clickthrough URLs, deeplink URLs, or lightbox functionality.
- Gallery Pages support page footers. They don't display page banners.
- For general information about styling your site, visit Structure and style.
Tip: To create different gallery layouts, create a Regular Page and modify it with a Gallery Block.
Learn about the Blog Page.