Marquee, Adversary, Alex, Eamon, Ginger, Mint, and Shift share the same underlying structure and functionality. This guide applies to all these templates.
This guide is a reference for all Style Editor tweaks in the Marquee, Adversary, Alex, Eamon, Ginger, Mint, and Shift templates. To learn how to use the Style Editor, visit Making style changes.
Note: The Marquee family is discontinued. Although we still support these templates, fixing bugs or issues is a lower priority for us while we focus on our current templates. For a more modern template, we recommend switching to Brine.
Note: The Squarespace platform is constantly evolving to give you the best possible tools for building your website. We update these guides frequently, but if the platform has recently changed you may see slightly different options than the ones listed below. The best way to learn the functionality of any tweak is to experiment with it and see what changes on your site.
These tweaks appear when you’re on an Events Page.
- Event Time Format - Switches to 24 hour time.
- Event Excerpts - Remove the description text and images for each event in the event list, including excerpt text.
- Event List Date - Display or hide the date in List view.
- Event List Time - Displays or hide the time in List view.
- Event List Address - Display or hide the address in List view.
- Event iCal/gCal Links - Display or hide the links on individual event pages.
- Event Calendar Compact View
- Events Layout: Columns, Simple
- Events Width: Full, Narrow - Appears when Events Layout: Simple is selected.
- Use the Gallery Design tweak to set the layout.
Gallery Design: Grid
- Aspect Ratio - Controls the aspect ratio (width:height) for the gallery active slide.
- Grid Spacing - Increase the padding between individual images in your grid.
- Min Column Width - Set the width of columns in your grid.
- Lightbox Style: Dark, Light
Gallery Design: Slideshow
- Gallery Navigation: Thumbnails, Bullets, Numbers, Circles, Simple, None - The type of navigation provided on the page.
- Gallery Info Overlay: Always Show, Show on Hover, Hide - For image titles and captions
- Gallery Arrow Style: Round Corners, Rectangular, Circular, No Background - Style the arrows used to cycle through the slides.
- Gallery Show Arrows - Uncheck to hide arrows on your gallery display.
- Gallery Auto Crop - Auto-crops images to the aspect ratio set with the Gallery Aspect Ratio tweak.
- Gallery Autoplay - Cycle gallery images automatically without user interaction.
- Gallery Loop - Enable a gallery to cycle through to the first slide after the last slide.
- Gallery Autoplay Speed (sec)
- Gallery Thumbnail Size - Set the height of gallery navigation thumbnail images.
- Gallery Arrow Background
- Gallery Arrow Color
- Gallery Circle Color
- Gallery Info Background - The color used as the background for the image titles and captions.
These tweaks adjust the site title and Main Navigation.
- Background Color - The color behind the site title and navigation links when the header elements aren't displaying over banners.
- Fixed Position - The site title and Main Navigation can be fixed at the top, or scroll up with the page.
- Transparent on Banner Images - Check to display the header content over page banners.
- Site Title Font
- Site Title Color
Adjust the font style and color of the Main Navigation.
- Navigation Font
- Nav Link Color
- Nav Active Color
When parallax scrolling is enabled, background images move more slowly than the content in the foreground, creating an illusion of depth and immersion. You must be on a page that supports parallax scrolling to see most of these tweaks.
- Parallax Scrolling - Enable or disable this feature.
- Image Overlay - Adds a color filter to all banners.
- Image Overlay Color
These tweaks appear on Index Pages:
- Hide Index Nav - Hide the navigation circles and text that appear on Index banners.
- First Index Image Fullscreen - Displays the first index banner image or video at its full height.
- Index Image Height: Fullscreen, Half, Two Thirds - Adjust Index banners to display half or two-thirds of the image, or its full height.
Page Title & Description
These tweaks adjust the style of the page title and page description that displays over or under banners.
- Page Title Font
- Description Font
- Description Text Color
- Description Background Color - Adjust the color behind the description text. Title Background must be checked. Won't appear on banners that don't have a banner image or video.
- Hide Page Title
- Title Text Color
- Title Background Color - Adjust the color behind the page title. Title Background must be checked. Won't appear on banners that don't have a banner image or video.
- Title & Description Alignment: Left, Center
- Title & Description Position: Over Image, Under Image
- Title Background - Add a color behind the page title and description text.
- Extra Description Formatting - Enable special formatting (headers and buttons) for banner text.
These tweaks appear when Extra Description Formatting is checked and there’s bold or button-formatted text in the page description:
- Description Bold Font
- Description Bold Color
- Description Button Font
- Description Button Color
- Description Button Text Color
- Description Button Style: Solid, Outline, Raised
- Description Button Corner Style: Square, Rounded, Pill
Adjust the color and font styles of your main content area and Blog Pages.
- Content Background Color - Adjust the background color of your main content area.
- Heading 1 Font
- Heading 2 Font
- Heading 3 Font
- Headings Color
- Text Font - Adjusts body text.
- Text Color - Adjusts body text.
- Link Color
- Underline Body Links
- Quote Block Font
These tweaks appear when you’re on a Blog Page. To learn more, visit Blogging with Squarespace.
- Blog Layout: Columns, Simple
- Blog Width: Full, Narrow - Appears when Blog Layout: Simple is selected.
- Hide Author
- Meta Info Font
- Meta Info Color
Adjust the background color of the footer area, and the font and color of the Secondary Navigation.
- Hide Back to Top Link - Appears on Index Pages.
- Footer Background Color
- Secondary Navigation Font
- Secondary Nav Link Color
- Secondary Nav Active Color
- Show Category Navigation - Hide or display the category navigation that appears above the footer.
- Product Background Color - The color behind the product image.
- Product Overlay Color - Set the color of the on-hover overlay when Product List Titles: Overlay is enabled.
- Products Per Row - Set the number of products per row on the Products Page.
- Product List Titles: Under, Overlay - Set the title and price to display under the thumbnail image or on hover.
- Product List Alignment: Center, Left - Set text to Center or Left when Product List Titles: Under is enabled.
- Product Item Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on the Products Page.
- Product Image Auto Crop - Crop product images to the aspect ratio set with the Product Item Size tweak.
- Product Gallery Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on product item pages.
- Product Gallery Auto Crop - Crop images on product item pages to the aspect ratio set with the Product Gallery Size tweak.
- Show Product Price - Show or hide prices on the Product Page. If unchecked, the price will still appear on product item pages.
- Show Product Item Nav - Display a navigation link back to the Products Page.
- Product Social Sharing - Add or remove Share buttons from product item pages.
These tweaks appear when you’re on an Album Page.
- Album Text Color
- Hide Album Share Link
Cover Pages are styled independently of a site’s template. Visit Styling a Cover Page to learn more.
Tweaks for certain blocks also display in the Style Editor. To learn more about available style changes, visit What are blocks? to find help content for your specific block.