We constantly evolve the Squarespace platform to give you the best possible tools for building your website. If the platform recently changed, you may see slightly different options than the ones listed below. The best way to learn the functionality of any tweak is to experiment with it and see what changes on your site.
For general help, visit the Marquee template guide.
Tip: For a more modern template, we recommend switching to Brine.
These tweaks appear on Marquee's Events Pages.
- Event Time Format - Switches to 24 hour time.
- Event Excerpts - Remove the description text and images for each event in the event list, including excerpt text.
- Event List Date - Display or hide the date in List view.
- Event List Time - Displays or hide the time in List view.
- Event List Address - Display or hide the address in List view.
- Event iCal/gCal Links - Display or hide the links on individual event pages.
- Event Calendar Compact View
- Events Layout: Columns, Simple
- Events Width: Full, Narrow - Appears when Events Layout: Simple is selected.
These tweaks appear on standard Gallery Pages.
- Gallery Design - Set the layout.
- Aspect Ratio
- Grid Spacing
- Min Column Width
- Lightbox Style: Dark, Light
- Gallery Navigation: Thumbnails, Bullets, Numbers, Circles, Simple, None
- Gallery Info Overlay: Always Show, Show on Hover, Hide
- Gallery Arrow Style: Round Corners, Rectangular, Circular, No Background
- Gallery Show Arrows
- Gallery Auto Crop
- Gallery Autoplay
- Gallery Loop
- Gallery Autoplay Speed (sec)
- Gallery Thumbnail Size
- Gallery Arrow Background
- Gallery Arrow Color
- Gallery Circle Color
- Gallery Info Background
Style the site title and Main Navigation.
- Background Color - The color behind the site title and navigation links when the header elements aren't displaying over banners.
- Fixed Position - The site title and Main Navigation can be fixed at the top, or scroll up with the page.
- Transparent on Banner Images - Check to display the header content over page banners.
- Site Title Font
- Site Title Color
Set the font style and color of the Main Navigation.
- Navigation Font
- Nav Link Color
- Nav Active Color
When parallax scrolling is enabled, background images move more slowly than the content in the foreground, creating an illusion of depth and immersion. You must be on a page that supports parallax scrolling to see most of these tweaks.
- Parallax Scrolling - Enable or disable this feature.
- Image Overlay - Adds a color filter to all banners.
- Image Overlay Color
These tweaks appear on Marquee Index Pages:
- Hide Index Nav - Hide the navigation circles and text that appear on Index banners.
- First Index Image Fullscreen - Displays the first index banner image or video at its full height. Doesn't appear when all banners are set to Fullscreen.
- Index Image Height: Fullscreen, Half, Two Thirds - Set Index banners to display half or two-thirds of the image, or its full height.
Page Title & Description
Style the page title and page description that displays over or under banners.
- Page Title Font
- Description Font
- Description Text Color
- Description Background Color - Set the color behind the description text. Title Background must be checked. Won't appear on banners that don't have a banner image or video.
- Hide Page Title
- Title Text Color
- Title Background Color - Set the color behind the page title. Title Background must be checked. Won't appear on banners that don't have a banner image or video.
- Title & Description Alignment: Left, Center
- Title & Description Position: Over Image, Under Image
- Title Background - Add a color behind the page title and description text.
- Extra Description Formatting - Enable special formatting (headers and buttons) for banner text.
These tweaks appear when Extra Description Formatting is checked and there’s bold or button-formatted text in the page description:
- Description Bold Font
- Description Bold Color
- Description Button Font
- Description Button Color
- Description Button Text Color
- Description Button Style: Solid, Outline, Raised
- Description Button Corner Style: Square, Rounded, Pill
Set the color and font styles of your main content area and Blog Pages.
- Content Background Color - Set the background color of your main content area.
- Heading 1 Font
- Heading 2 Font
- Heading 3 Font
- Headings Color
- Text Font - Affects body text.
- Text Color - Affects body text.
- Link Color
- Underline Body Links
- Quote Block Font
These tweaks appear on Marquee Blog Pages.
- Blog Layout: Columns, Simple
- Blog Width: Full, Narrow - Appears when Blog Layout: Simple is selected.
- Hide Author
- Meta Info Font
- Meta Info Color
Set the background color of the footer area, and the font and color of the Footer Navigation.
- Hide Back to Top Link - Appears on Index Pages.
- Footer Background Color
- Secondary Navigation Font
- Secondary Nav Link Color
- Secondary Nav Active Color
These tweaks appear on Classic Products Pages.
- Show Category Navigation
- Product Background Color
- Product Overlay Color
- Products Per Row
- Product List Titles: Under, Overlay
- Product List Alignment: Center, Left
- Product Item Size
- Product Image Auto Crop
- Product Gallery Size
- Product Gallery Auto Crop
- Show Product Price
- Show Product Item Nav
- Product Social Sharing
These tweaks appear on Album Pages.
- Album Text Color
- Hide Album Share Link
Cover Pages are styled independently of a site’s template. Visit Styling a Cover Page to learn more.
Tweaks for certain blocks also display in Site Styles. To learn about style options in a specific block, visit About blocks and click the name of the block you want to learn more about.