Squarespace supports most desktop web browsers for viewing and editing a site, and Chrome and Safari browsers for viewing sites on mobile devices. We focus our support on the most recent versions of most major browsers.
You can use the following browsers to edit and view your Squarespace site:
- Chrome - Supported for PC, Mac, and Linux
- Firefox - Supported for PC, Mac, and Linux
- Safari - Only supported for Mac
- Microsoft Edge - Only supported for PC
- Internet Explorer - Only supported for PC
We recommend using the latest browser version available to your operating system. Check if your browser is up to date with our Browse Freely tool.
Here are a few other things to note when using a supported browser:
- Your version of Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer depends on your device's operating system.
- Beta versions of browsers aren't supported.
- Safari Private Browsing isn't supported for logging into your site.
- Browser add-ons or extensions might interfere with site editing. We may ask you to disable them when helping you troubleshoot certain issues.
Note: Using an unsupported browser may prevent you from accessing secure, HTTPS versions of Squarespace sites.
Display may vary by browser
Websites may render differently across browsers. If you notice discrepancies in how your site appears in different browsers (for example, how a block looks on Firefox vs. Internet Explorer), this is completely normal. We can't guarantee that every aspect of your site will display identically in every browser, because each browser is powered by different technology.
Minimum requirements for editing
To log into and edit your site, ensure that these settings are enabled in your browser:
Browser window resolutions
We support two browser window resolutions for editing your site:
- 1280px × 800px - The native resolution of a 13'' Macbook Pro
- 1366px × 768px - The native resolution of an 11'' Macbook Air
These resolutions allow access to all buttons and panels that you might need for editing.
For help determining your browser's size, visit What's My Browser Size?
Mobile browsing and editing
Squarespace sites are optimized for viewing in Chrome and Safari's mobile browsers. We don't support site editing on mobile devices outside of our mobile apps. For more details, visit Can I edit my site on a mobile device?