Bedford, Anya, Bryant, and Hayden share the same underlying structure and functionality. This guide applies to all these templates.
This guide is a reference for all Site Styles tweaks in the Bedford, Anya, Bryant, and Hayden templates. To learn how to use Site Styles, visit Making style changes.
Note: The Squarespace platform is constantly evolving to give you the best possible tools for building your website. We update these guides frequently, but if the platform has recently changed, you may see slightly different options than the ones listed below. The best way to learn the functionality of any tweak is to experiment with it and see what changes on your site.
These tweaks adjust the site header, the area at the top of your site where the Main Navigation and site title or logo display.
- Header Background Color - The opacity slider has no effect on the header background color. It's not possible to set a partial transparency for this color.
- Transparent on Banner Images - When unchecked, the banner and page content move down and the site header content displays over the background color at the top of the page. When checked, the header content displays over the banner or page.
- Site Title Font - Site title tweaks don’t display if you replace the site title with a logo.
- Site Title Color
- Site Title Container Width - Set the width of the site title container. If the container is narrower than the site title, the site title will wrap.
- Logo Container Width - Set the width of the logo container. The maximum height is fixed at about 100 pixels; once the logo reaches that height it will no longer scale up. The logo won’t become larger than the uploaded image. The Main Navigation will take up the rest of the space to the right of the logo container.
Adjust the styling of the Main Navigation. For general information, visit Styling navigation.
- Nav Link Font
- Nav Link Color
- Nav Link (Active) - Set the color of the navigation links on hover and when on that page.
- Enable Nav Button - Turns the last link in your Main Navigation into a button. Doesn't affect folders. If unchecked, the Nav Button tweaks won’t display.
- Nav Button Style: Outline, Solid, RaisedNav Button Corner Style: Pill, Square, Rounded
- Nav Button Color
- Nav Button Text Color - Displays when the Nav Button Style is Solid or Raised.
- Nav Button Font
These tweaks affect all banners on your site.
The banner button is styled independently of other buttons on your site. Scroll up for tweaks relating to the site title and Main Navigation.
- Banner Overlay Color - Add a filter effect over the image by selecting an overlay color.
- Banner Heading Font
- Banner Heading Color
- Banner Text Font
- Banner Text Color
- Banner Button Style: Solid, Outline, Raised
- Banner Button Corner Style: Square, Rounded, Pill
- Banner Button Color
- Banner Button Text Color - Displays when the banner button style is solid or raised
- Banner Button Font
Style the main content area of your site, the area between the header and the footer. Page Text tweaks affect your site's body fonts.
- Page Background - Sets the background color for the site.
- Page Text Font
- Page Text Color
- Page Link Color
- Page Meta Color - Set the color of meta text, such as blog authors and post dates
- Heading 1 Font
- Heading 1 Color
- Heading 2 Font
- Heading 2 Color
- Heading 3 Font
- Heading 3 Color
- Quote Font - Only displays on pages with a Quote Block
- Quote Color - Only displays on pages with a Quote Block
Except for Center Entry Title & Meta, these tweaks show only when on a blog page.
- Banner Slideshow Controls: Arrows, None - Control the navigation elements on your blog slideshow banner. This tweak only displays if your blog has featured posts.
- Meta Priority: Date, Category, Author, None - Determines whether which information appears above a post’s title in blog list view.
- Center Entry Title & Meta - Center the post title and metadata including date, categories, and tags. Displays only if Hide Blog Sidebar tweak is checked in the Sidebar section.
- Hide Entry Author - Hide the byline on blog posts. Useful for blogs with a single author. Won’t appear if Meta Priority: Author is selected.
- Hide List Entry Footer - Don't display the footer content (comments, likes, shares, and tags) in blog list view. This content still appears on individual blog posts.
On blog pages:
- Hide Blog Sidebar - Uncheck Hide Blog Sidebar to enable sidebars on Blog Pages and individual post pages.
On pages in a folder or Index Page:
- Hide Page Sidebar - Display or hide the navigation sidebars on pages within folders or Index Pages.
- Hide Product Category Nav - Display or hide the category navigation sidebar on Product Pages.
- Hide Sidebar Title
- Sub Nav Title Font
- Sub Nav Title Color
- Sub Nav Link Font
- Sub Nav Link Color
- Sub Nav Link (Active) - Set the color of the navigation links on hover and when on that page.
Tweaks for styling the pre-footer, the area above the footer at the bottom of the page.
- Pre Footer Background - Set the background color for the pre-footer
- Pre Footer Text Color
- Footer Background - Set the background color for the footer
- Footer Text Color
- Footer Nav Font
- Footer Nav Link Color
- Footer Nav Link (Active) - Set the color of the navigation links on hover and when on that page.
- Site Info Font - Displays if Hide Side Info is unchecked
- Site Info Color - Displays if Hide Side Info is unchecked
- Center Navigation / Info
- Hide Site Info
These tweaks appear when you’re on an Album Page.
- Album Text Color - Adjusts the color of the album track names
- Hide Album Share Link
- Disable Item Pages - Disable the title link for individual events. When unchecked, clicking an event's title opens the individual event page.
- Show Past Events
- Show Thumbnails - Show the thumbnail image for each event on the Event Page beneath the date tag.
- Show Date Tag - The date tag highlights event dates. It displays to the left of each event in on the Event Page.
- Show Date Tag w/ Time
- Show Categories
- Show Date
- Show Time
- Show Location
- Show Export Links - Export links allow visitors to export event details to Google Calendar or iCal.
- Show Social Buttons
- Show Excerpt - Excerpts display a brief description of an event in the Events Page List view
- Show Button
- 24-Hour Time
- Stacked View - Display your events as a stacked list with thumbnails appearing above the event at full-width.
- Use the Gallery Design tweak to set the layout.
Gallery Design: Grid
- Aspect Ratio - Controls the aspect ratio (width:height) for the gallery active slide.
- Grid Spacing - Increase the padding between individual images in your grid.
- Min Column Width - Set the width of columns in your grid.
- Lightbox Style: Dark, Light
Gallery Design: Slideshow
- Gallery Navigation: Thumbnails, Bullets, Numbers, Circles, Simple, None - The type of navigation provided on the page.
- Gallery Info Overlay: Always Show, Show on Hover, Hide - For image titles and captions
- Gallery Aspect Ratio - Controls the aspect ratio (width:height) for the gallery active slide. Use with the Gallery Auto Crop tweak.
- Gallery Arrow Style: Round Corners, Rectangular, Circular, No Background - Style the arrows used to cycle through the slides.
- Gallery Transitions: Fade, Scroll
- Gallery Show Arrows - Uncheck to hide arrows on your gallery display.
- Gallery Auto Crop - Auto-crops images to the aspect ratio set with the Gallery Aspect Ratio tweak.
- Gallery Autoplay - Cycle gallery images automatically without user interaction.
- Gallery Loop - Enable a gallery to cycle through to the first slide after the last slide.
- Gallery Autoplay Speed (sec)
- Gallery Thumbnail Size - Set the height of gallery navigation thumbnail images.
- Gallery Arrow Background
- Gallery Arrow Color
- Gallery Circle Color
- Gallery Info Background - The color used as the background for the image titles and captions.
- Product Background Color - The color behind the product image.
- Product Overlay Color - Set the color of the on-hover overlay when Product List Titles: Overlay is enabled.
- Products Per Row - Set the number of products per row on the Products Page.
- Product List Titles: Under, Overlay - Set the title and price to display under the thumbnail image or on hover.
- Product List Alignment: Center, Left - Set text to Center or Left when Product List Titles: Under is enabled.
- Product Item Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on the Products Page.
- Product Image Auto Crop - Crop product images to the aspect ratio set with the Product Item Size tweak.
- Product Gallery Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on product item pages.
- Product Gallery Auto Crop - Crop images on product item pages to the aspect ratio set with the Product Gallery Size tweak.
- Show Product Price - Show or hide prices on the Product Page. If unchecked, the price will still appear on product item pages.
- Show Product Item Nav - Display a navigation link back to the Products Page.
- Product Social Sharing - Add or remove Share buttons from product item pages.
Tweaks for certain blocks will also display in Site Styles. For more information about available style changes, visit What are blocks? to find help content for your specific block.