This guide explains questions and issues that may come up when using templates in the Montauk family (Julia, Kent, Montauk, Om).
Tip: For general help, see the Montauk template guide.
Can people RSVP through our site?
You can create an RSVP button on a layout page using a form block. This block collects information from visitors. Ensure Enable lightbox mode is checked in the Advanced tab of the form block editor. Lightbox mode sets the form to open when a button is clicked instead of on the page itself.
For an example of how this looks in practice, see the Naomi template's demo content:
How do I change the font of the header on my gallery page?
The font and size of the header on the gallery page are controlled by two different tweaks:
- Use Index thumb titles in the Index styles section of site styles to adjust the font.
- Use Heading 2 in the Typography section to adjust the size.
How do I recreate the classes or workshops pages from the Om demo content?
The classes page is a Layout Page that's been customized with form blocks. To incorporate booking, visit Adding online booking to your site.
How do I recreate the registry page from the Julia demo content?
How do I update my business information?
Your business information can display as a subtitle in your site header. This comes from the Physical location section of your Business information panel.
To edit this:
- In the Home menu, click Settings, then click Business information.
- Scroll down to Physical location and update the information.
- Click Save.
Note that changes to the Business address fields won't appear in the subtitle.
My mobile menu won't open
The mobile menu won't open if you added a video banner to the homepage using an invalid URL or an embed code. To edit the video URL:
- In the Home menu, click Pages.
- Hover over the homepage title in the left panel and then click .
- Click the Media tab, then click the Video tab.
- Confirm the Video URL field contains a valid URL.
My background image isn't fixed on mobile
Many mobile browsers, including iOS, don't support fixed background images. For a similar effect, experiment with the Size: cover and Size: contain background image style options. Note that background image style settings apply to both mobile and computer.
For more help, visit our responsive design troubleshooting tips.
My info footer disappeared
If the info footer's Edit annotation doesn't appear:
- In the Home menu, click Design, then Site styles.
- Scroll to the Options section.
- Uncheck Hide info footer.
- Click Save.
- Exit site styles and refresh the page. The annotation should appear.
My line block isn’t displaying
My navigation is split into two lines
If the links in your top navigation won’t fit on just one line, the top navigation will break to a second line.
If you’ve selected Canvas style: masthead logo right or Masthead logo left, and the top navigation is too long to display next to the site title or logo, the top navigation will move below it.
If you don’t like the way your top navigation looks, there are several ways to adjust the formatting:
- Reduce the number of pages within the navigation. One method is to use a folder to create a drop-down menu.
- Rename the pages to be shorter in length.
- In the Sizes & values section of site styles, reduce the Navigation link spacing to bring the links closer together, or increase the Side width to increase the width of the whole site.
My page title and description size isn't changing
Page titles and page descriptions have a fixed font size in browsers narrower than 1041 pixels. Depending on the size of your screen, the preview window may not be wide enough while you're in Site Styles to see the size changes you're making.
If this is the case, save your changes, exit site styles, and open the full preview to see the updated page title and description height. You can also save changes and view your site in a separate private browser window.
My page title looks larger in narrower browsers
Page titles display over banners. For browsers narrower than 1041 pixels, they have a fixed size:
- 767 pixels or narrower - Font size is 21px
- 768 - 1040 pixels - Font size is 52px
In browsers 1041 pixels or wider, set the size with the Page title tweak in the Typography section of site styles.
My page title won’t display
A page title in Montauk must appear over a page banner. If your page title isn’t displaying:
- Ensure you have a thumbnail or video URL set for that page.
- In the Options section of site styles, ensure Hide info footer and Hide page banner are both unchecked.
My video banner won't display
If your video banner isn't displaying, add a mobile fallback image:
- Open page settings.
- In the Media tab, click Video.
- Scroll down and add an image to the image uploader.
- Click Save.
Keep in mind:
- The height of the mobile fallback image sets the height of the banner.
- For index pages, the video creates a banner on the index landing page; index grid thumbnails don't display videos.
There’s a horizontal line through my top navigation and like and share buttons
This line is visible when the Canvas background tweak in the Colors section of site styles is transparent or partially opaque. You can change the Canvas background tweak, or make the Page border color transparent to hide the line completely.
Why does my footer have two sets of social links?
The Montauk template has two built-in options for displaying social icons: as part of the info footer, and with a social links block in the bottom footer (part of the demo content).
By default, the info footer and its social icons are hidden, and the social links block displays in the bottom footer.
- Info footer: Uncheck Hide info footer in the Options section of site styles to display the icons. Then use the Social icon style tweak to change how they look, or use the Hide social icons tweak to hide them.
- Bottom footer: Edit the social links block to change how they look, or delete the block to remove them.