This is a list of all Site Styles tweaks for the Montauk family (Julia, Kent, Montauk, Om).
We constantly evolve the Squarespace platform to give you the best possible tools for building your website. If the platform recently changed, you may see different options than the ones listed below. The best way to learn how any tweak works is to experiment with it and see what changes on your site.
Tip: For general help, see the Montauk template guide.
Set the colors for the background and text.
- Site Background
- Site Background Image - For more help, visit Adding a background image.
- Canvas Background
- Site Title Color
- Site Title (Hover) Color
- Site Subtitle Color - The subtitle is the area in your header where your business information, tag line, or customized content display.
- Navigation Color
- Navigation (Hover) Color
- Navigation (Active) Color
- Heading 1 Color - Includes blog post, event, and album titles.
- Heading 2 Color - Includes gallery page titles.
- Heading 3 Color
- Text Color - Affects body text throughout the site.
- Body Link Color
- Body Link (Hover) Color
- Blog Meta Color - Affects metadata for blog posts, such as date and author.
- Page Border Color - Make this transparent to remove the page border.
- Social Icon Color - Affects the built-in social icons in the info footer.
Change the fonts throughout your site.
- Site Title
- Site Subtitle - The subtitle is the area in your header where your business information, tag line, or customized content display.
- Body Text
- Page Title - Change the titles that display over page banners.
- Page Description - Change the descriptions that display over page banners.
- Heading 1 - Includes blog post, event, and album titles.
- Heading 2
- Heading 3
- Footer Text - Affects text in the bottom footer.
Sizes & Values
Change the padding and spacing of your site.
- Site Width - Change the width of your entire site.
- Page Content Width - Change the width of your content within the page canvas.
- Canvas Padding - Change the padding between the outside of your canvas and the page content.
- Top Padding - Change where the top of your canvas displays.
- Navigation Link Spacing - Expand or reduce the space between links in the Top Navigation.
- Header Spacing
- Page Padding - Change the space between the page content and the site header.
- Footer Padding
- Logo Size (Max) - Available if you’ve added a site logo.
- Social Icon Size - Affects the built-in social icons in the info footer.
Set the layout and alignment of key elements on your site.
- Standard Colors - Built-in social icons in the info footer match the service's branding.
- Page Borders: Thick, Thin, None - Affects the border around the page canvas and the horizontal line at the top and bottom of the page content.
- Canvas Style: Normal, Masthead Logo Right, Masthead Logo Left - Change the alignment of your site header.
- Stack Navigation - Stack the Top Navigation vertically. Doesn't affect Canvas Style: Normal.
- Header Subtitle: Address, Tag Line, Custom, None - The subtitle is the area in your header where your business information, tag line, or customized content display.
- Banner Alignment: Center, Right, Left - Align the text that displays over page banners.
- Social Icon Style: Normal, Round, Square - Affects the built-in social icons in the info footer.
- Hide Social Icons - Check this to hide the built-in social icons in the info footer.
- Hide Info Footer - Remove the info footer.
- Hide Page Banner - Hide the banner image or video. This also hides the page title and description.
- Hide Page Title - Hide the page title and description on page banners.
- Hide Page Title Underline - Remove the line between the page title and description on page banners.
These tweaks appear on Classic Products Pages.
- Show Category Navigation
- Product Background Color
- Product Overlay Color
- Products Per Row
- Product List Titles: Under, Overlay
- Product List Alignment: Center, Left
- Product Item Size
- Product Image Auto Crop
- Product Gallery Size
- Product Gallery Auto Crop
- Show Product Price
- Show Product Item Nav
- Product Social Sharing
The Thumb and Thumbnail tweaks in this section affect the thumbnail images on Index Pages, and the colors and fonts of the page titles that display beneath them. The thumbnails and titles also appear below pages within an Index as navigation.
Some of these tweaks also affect Montauk Gallery Pages.
- Index Thumb Title Color
- Index Thumb Background Color
- Index Thumb Titles - Change the typography of the page title text. This tweak also sets the typeface for the title on Gallery Pages.
- Index Sidebar Width - Change the sidebar width on Gallery Pages.
- Thumbnails Per Row
- Thumbnail Ratio
- Thumbnail Padding
- Thumbnail Opacity
- Thumbnail Hover Opacity
- Project Layout: Left Sidebar, Right Sidebar - Choose the layout of Gallery Pages.
- Thumbnails on Open Page: Show All, Hide Active, Hide All - This tweak affects the thumbnail navigation that displays below a page within an Index Page.
- Hide Thumbnail Titles
Change the settings for Montauk Blog Pages.
- Blog Post Title - Typography settings for blog post titles.
- Blog Page Width
- Blog Sidebar Width
- Blog Post Spacing - Change spacing between posts on the Blog Page.
- Blog Layout: Center, Right Sidebar, Left Sidebar - Choose Left Sidebar or Right Sidebar to display the Blog Page sidebar.
- Hide Article Author - Hide the byline on blog posts. Useful for blogs with a single author.
These tweaks appear on Events Pages.
- Disable Item Pages
- Show Past Events
- Show Thumbnails
- Thumbnail Size
- Show Date Tag
- Show Date Tag w/ Time
- Show Categories
- Show Date
- Show Time
- Show Location
- Show Export Links
- Show Social Buttons
- Show Excerpt
- Show Button
- Show Back Link
- 24-Hour Time
- Stacked View
These tweaks appear on Album Pages.
- Album Text Color
- Hide Album Share Link
Cover Pages are styled independently of a site’s template. Visit Styling a Cover Page to learn more.
Tweaks for certain blocks also display in Site Styles. To learn about style options in a specific block, visit About blocks and click the name of the block you want to learn more about.