Montauk, Julia, Kent, and Om share the same underlying structure and functionality. This guide applies to all these templates.
This guide is a reference for all Style Editor tweaks in the Montauk, Julia, Kent, and Om templates. To learn how to use the Style Editor, visit Making style changes.
Note: The Squarespace platform is constantly evolving to give you the best possible tools for building your website. We update these guides frequently, but if the platform has recently changed you may see slightly different options than the ones listed below. The best way to learn the functionality of any tweak is to experiment with it and see what changes on your site.
Adjust the colors for the background and text. For general help, visit Changing colors.
- Site Background
- Site Background Image - For more information, visit Adding a background image.
- Canvas Background
- Site Title Color
- Site Title (Hover) Color
- Site Subtitle Color - The subtitle is the area in your header where your business information, tag line, or customized content display.
- Navigation Color
- Navigation (Hover) Color
- Navigation (Active) Color
- Heading 1 Color - Heading 1 text includes blog post, event, and album titles.
- Heading 2 Color - Heading 2 text includes gallery page titles.
- Heading 3 Color
- Text Color - Affects body text throughout the site.
- Body Link Color
- Body Link (Hover) Color
- Blog Meta Color - Affects metadata for blog posts, such as date and author.
- Page Border Color - Make this transparent to remove the page border.
- Social Icon Color - Affects the social links that auto-populate in the info footer.
Change the fonts throughout your site. For more information, visit Changing fonts.
- Site Title
- Site Subtitle - The subtitle is the area in your header where your business information, tag line, or customized content display.
- Body Text
- Page Title - Affects the titles that display over page banners.
- Page Description - Affects the descriptions that display over page banners.
- Heading 1 - Heading 1 text includes blog post, event, and album titles.
- Heading 2 - Heading 1 text includes blog post, Event Page, and Album Page titles.
- Heading 3
- Footer Text - Affects text in the bottom footer.
Sizes & Values
Adjust the padding and spacing of your site.
- Site Width - Adjust the width of your entire site.
- Page Content Width - Adjust the width of your content within the page canvas.
- Canvas Padding - Adjust the padding between the outside of your canvas and the page content.
- Top Padding - Adjust where the top of your canvas displays.
- Navigation Link Spacing - Expand or reduce the space between links in the Top Navigation.
- Header Spacing
- Page Padding - Adjust the space between the page content and the site header.
- Footer Padding
- Logo Size (Max) - Only active if you’ve replaced your site title with a logo.
- Social Icon Size - Affects the social links that auto-populate in the info footer.
These tweaks adjust the layout and alignment of key elements on your site.
- Standard Colors - Social icons in the info footer will match the service's branding.
- Page Borders: Thick, Thin, None - Affects the border around the page canvas and the horizontal line at the top and bottom of the page content.
- Canvas Style: Normal, Masthead Logo Right, Masthead Logo Left - Adjust the alignment of your site header.
- Stack Navigation - Stack the Top Navigation vertically. This tweak affects Canvas Style: Left and Canvas Style: Right layouts.
- Header Subtitle: Address, Tag Line, Custom, None - The subtitle is the area in your header where your business information, tag line, or customized content display.
- Banner Alignment: Center, Right, Left - Align the text that displays over page banners.
- Social Icon Style: Normal, Round, Square - Affects the social links that auto-populate in the info footer.
- Hide Social Icons - Checking this hides the social links that auto-populate in the info footer.
- Hide Info Footer - Remove the info footer.
- Hide Page Banner - Hide the banner image or video. The page title and description also won't display if this is checked.
- Hide Page Title - Hide the page title and description on page banners.
- Hide Page Title Underline - Remove the line between the page title and description on page banners.
- Show Category Navigation - Hide or display the category navigation.
- Product Background Color - The color behind the product image.
- Product Overlay Color - Set the color of the on-hover overlay when Product List Titles: Overlay is enabled.
- Products Per Row - Set the number of products per row on the Products Page.
- Product List Titles: Under, Overlay - Set the title and price to display under the thumbnail image or on hover.
- Product List Alignment: Center, Left - Set text to Center or Left when Product List Titles: Under is enabled.
- Product Item Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on the Products Page.
- Product Image Auto Crop - Crop product images to the aspect ratio set with the Product Item Size tweak.
- Product Gallery Size - Set the image ratio (width:height) for photos on product item pages.
- Product Gallery Auto Crop - Crop images on product item pages to the aspect ratio set with the Product Gallery Size tweak.
- Show Product Price - Show or hide prices on the Product Page. If unchecked, the price will still appear on product item pages.
- Show Product Item Nav - Display a navigation link back to the Products Page.
- Product Social Sharing - Add or remove Share buttons from product item pages.
The Thumb and Thumbnail tweaks in this section affect the thumbnail images on an Index Page, and the colors and fonts of the page titles that display beneath them. The thumbnails and titles also appear below pages within an Index as navigation.
Some of these tweaks also adjust the settings on Gallery Pages.
- Index Thumb Title Color
- Index Thumb Background Color
- Index Thumb Titles - Adjust the typography of the page title text. This tweak also adjusts the typeface for the title on Gallery Pages.
- Index Sidebar Width - Adjust the sidebar width on Gallery Pages.
- Thumbnails Per Row
- Thumbnail Ratio
- Thumbnail Padding
- Thumbnail Opacity
- Thumbnail Hover Opacity
- Project Layout: Left Sidebar, Right Sidebar - Adjusts the layout of Gallery Pages.
- Thumbnails on Open Page: Show All, Hide Active, Hide All - This tweak affects the thumbnail navigation that displays below a page within an Index Page.
- Hide Thumbnail Titles
These tweaks appear when you’re on a Blog Page. For more information, visit Blogging with Squarespace.
- Blog Post Title - Typography settings for blog post titles.
- Blog Page Width
- Blog Sidebar Width
- Blog Post Spacing - Spacing between posts on the Blog Page.
- Blog Layout: Center, Right Sidebar, Left Sidebar - Choose Left Sidebar or Right Sidebar to display the Blog Page sidebar.
- Hide Article Author - Hide the byline on blog posts. Useful for blogs with a single author.
- Disable Item Pages - Disable the title link for individual events. When unchecked, clicking an event's title opens the individual event page.
- Show Past Events
- Show Thumbnails - Show the thumbnail image for each event on the Event Page to the left of the event.
- Thumbnail Size
- Show Date Tag - The date tag highlights event dates. It displays to the left of each event in on the Event Page.
- Show Date Tag w/ Time
- Show Categories
- Show Date
- Show Time
- Show Location
- Show Export Links - Export links allow visitors to export event details to Google Calendar or iCal.
- Show Social Buttons
- Show Excerpt - Excerpts display a brief description of an event in Events Page list view.
- Show Button
- Show Back Link - Shows the 'Back To All Events’ link on individual event pages.
- 24-Hour Time
- Stacked View - Display your events as a stacked list with thumbnails appearing above the event at full-width.
These tweaks appear when you’re on an Album Page.
- Album Text Color
- Hide Album Share Link
Cover Pages are styled independently of a site’s template. Visit Styling a Cover Page for more information.
Tweaks for certain blocks will also display in the Style Editor. For more information about available style changes, visit What are blocks? to find help content for your specific block.