If you're moving to Squarespace from Blogger, you can import your blog posts by following this guide.
Blogger content imports as a new Blog Page. To learn more about how Squarespace organizes blogs, visit Blogging with Squarespace.
Before you begin
- Allow Blog Feed must be set to Full in your Blogger site's Feed Settings. Learn more in Google's documentation.
- Your Blogger site must be public. Learn more in Google's documentation.
- This is a one-time import. Any updates in Blogger won't automatically sync to Squarespace after the import.
- Importing a Blogger site multiple times creates a new Blog Page and disables the first imported Blog Page.
What imports from Blogger
Squarespace imports all of your:
Squarespace won't import other content, including:
- Content from plugins
- Any style or CSS you applied to your Blogger site. To customize your Squarespace site's design, select a template and edit it in Site Styles.
Step 1 - Import your content
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Advanced, and then click Import / Export.
- Click Import.
- Click Blogger.
- Enter your Blogger URL in Blogspot URL and click Begin Import.
- A progress bar will show that your content is importing.
- A Success message will appear once the import is complete.
Step 2 - Enable your imported content
Your imported content will appear in the Not Linked section of the Pages panel. This page is disabled by default. This means that it's hidden from your navigation menus, and visitors can't see it until you're ready to move and enable it.
Tip: If you don't see a Blogger Import page in the Pages panel, refresh your browser.
To make your content visible, enable the page:
- Hover over the page title, and click the next to the title to open Page Settings.
- Check Enabled in the Basic tab.
- Click Save.
Step 3 - Move the page (optional)
To add your imported posts to a navigation menu, drag and drop the Blog Page to a navigation section. To learn more, visit Moving pages around your navigation.
Now that your content is on your new site, you might want to: