Medium is an online publishing platform. This guide explores different ways you can use Medium with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content||Other|
Connect your Medium account
Before you start using Medium with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select Medium from the Social Accounts menu.
- Go to your Medium page and copy the URL from your browser's address bar.
- Enter a Label and Medium URL. A Medium profile URL is formatted like this: https://medium.com/@yourname
Note: On some templates, the label may appear when visitors hover over the Medium social icon.
Add a social icon
You can add a Medium social icon that links to your Medium profile:
- In Connected Accounts, click your Medium account to open Twitter Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
Note: After connecting Medium to Squarespace, the social icon will automatically display in most templates, but not all of them. You can also add social icons using the Social Links Block.
Link a blog post to Medium
If you published content on Medium, you can share it on your Squarespace blog by linking a post title to a Medium URL. This is a great way to encourage clicks to Medium content from your blog's RSS feed.
- Add a new blog post using the steps in Blogging With Squarespace.
- In the Blog Post Editor, you can copy the entire Medium post, or write something brief like, "Read my full post on Medium."
- Follow the steps in Linking a post title to external content (In the Options tab of the Post Editor, enter the Medium URL in the Post URL box. Check Post Title should link to Source URL.)