Medium is an online publishing platform. This guide explores different ways you can use Medium with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content||Other|
Connect your Medium account
Before you start using Medium with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select Medium from the Social Accounts menu.
- Go to your Medium page and copy the URL from your browser's address bar.
- Enter a Medium URL (formatted like https://medium.com/@yourname) and a Label. On some templates, the label appears when visitors hover over the Medium social icon.
- Click Add.
Add a social icon
You can add a Medium social icon that links to your Medium profile:
- In Connected Accounts, click your Medium account to open Twitter Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
Link a blog post to Medium
If you published content on Medium, you can share it on your Squarespace blog by linking a post title to a Medium URL. This is a great way to encourage clicks to Medium content from your blog's RSS feed.
- Add a new blog post using the steps in Blogging With Squarespace.
- In the Blog Post Editor, you can copy the entire Medium post, or write something brief like, "Read my full post on Medium."
- Follow the steps in Linking a post title to external content (In the Options tab of the Post Editor, enter the Medium URL in the Post URL box. Check Post Title should link to Source URL.)