The Twitter Block displays a feed of recent tweets and a Follow button that leads to your Twitter profile. This block is a great option for embedding tweets on your site without third-party widgets.
With the Twitter Block, you can:
- Display your tweets.
- Display a feed of others' tweets by hashtag, mentions, or other terms.
- Display or hide a Follow button that leads to your Twitter profile.
- Display between one and twenty tweets in the feed.
- Customize the profile information to display next to tweets.
Watch a video
Before you begin
- A connected account is required to display tweets.
- Replies don’t display unless included in a search.
- Protected tweets don’t display. To ensure your tweets display, unprotect your tweets.
- The block displays one feed at a time. To display multiple feeds and searches (for example, tweets from two accounts or hashtags), add multiple Twitter Blocks.
- The Twitter Block syncs with new tweets every minute and searches feeds every five minutes. Manually refresh the page to see these changes.
- Tweeted media, like images and video, display as a link.
Step 1 - Add the Twitter Block
- Open a page or post editor.
- Click an Insert Point or the +.
- Select Twitter from the menu.
- For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
Step 2 - Connect a Twitter account
- In the Twitter Block Editor, click the drop-down menu to select a connected Twitter account, or select Add an account to connect a new one.
- Log in with your Twitter username and password, and then authorize Squarespace to use your Twitter account.
For more help, visit Using Twitter with Squarespace.
Step 3 - Customize what displays
In the Twitter Block editor, use the slider to select the number of tweets to show in the block (1 to 20).
- Check Show Avatar and Show Username to display this profile information next to each tweet.
- Check Show Follow Button to add a Follow @YourName button that leads to your Twitter profile.
Step 4 - Display a search feed
You can display a feed of other people's tweets by hashtag, mentions, or any term instead of displaying your tweets. Search feeds display results from tweets posted in the last seven days. You can use the search function on up to 20 Twitter Blocks per site.
Displaying a search in the Twitter Block is a great way to:
- Show mentions or hashtags about you.
- Show tweets with a hashtag from a marketing campaign.
- Show tweets related to a topic in your content.
To display a search feed:
- Check Search, and then enter a search term.
- To display tweets by hashtag, enter #topic
- To display tweets by @mention, enter @yourhandle
- Click the refresh icon to display the results.
Advanced tip: For Twitter's guidelines on using query operators in their search, visit Twitter’s API documentation.
Include sensitive tweets
After enabling a search, you can choose to show or hide tweets that Twitter or another Twitter user reported as sensitive. Check or uncheck Include Tweets Marked As Sensitive based on your preferences.
We recommend reviewing Twitter’s policies for reporting sensitive content and reviewing your profile media options.
Step 5 - Save
Click Apply to save your changes.
Here's an example of how a Twitter Block can look on a site:
The Twitter Block updates about every two minutes. To refresh the connection between Squarespace and Twitter manually:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Connected Accounts.
- Click your Twitter account.
- Click Reset Data.