SoundCloud is an audio sharing platform. This guide explores different ways you can use SoundCloud with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content|
Connect your SoundCloud account
Before you start using SoundCloud with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select SoundCloud from the Social Accounts menu.
- Log in using your SoundCloud username and password.
Add a social icon
You can add a SoundCloud social icon that links to your SoundCloud profile:
- In Connected Accounts, click your SoundCloud account to open SoundCloud Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
The Profile URL is automatically set to lead to your SoundCloud profile.
Note: After connecting SoundCloud to Squarespace in this step, the social icon will automatically display in most templates, but not all of them. You can also add social icons using the Social Links Block. Learn how these icons display in your template in our template guides.
Pull content from SoundCloud using blocks
You can embed a SoundCloud player on your pages using the SoundCloud Block. This is a great way to play music from SoundCloud on your site without using third-party widgets. On mobile devices, tracks will play directly in the mobile browser.