With Simple Likes, visitors can click a Like icon at the bottom of a blog post. Depending on your template, the icon might appear on your main Blog Page or on individual post pages. In certain templates, liking a post triggers an exploding hearts animation.
One visitor "like" per post
A visitor can like each blog post only once. We limit visitor likes per blog post in three ways:
- When a visitor likes a post, the action is stored in their browser's local storage.
- We also log the visitor's IP address to prevent multiple likes from the same visitor.
- If a visitor is logged into your site, they can't like the post again from any browser or IP while logged in.
Note: On templates with grid/stacked Blog Pages, the Simple Like icon won't display a counter if Share buttons are set to Style: Icon Only in Site Styles.
Enable Simple Likes
To enable Simple Likes:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Blogging.
- Check Simple Liking Enabled.
Exploding hearts animation
The templates below have a special animation for Simple Likes: