SmugMug is a photo-sharing website and marketplace. This guide explores different ways you can use SmugMug with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content||Other|
Watch a video
Connect your SmugMug account
Before you start using SmugMug with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select SmugMug from the Social Accounts menu.
- Log in using your SmugMug username and password.
- Enter your SmugMug Display Name in the SmugMug Nickname field. You can find your Display Name next to your profile photo on the homepage.
- Click Connect to SmugMug to connect your account.
Note: Your SmugMug Display Name is case-sensitive.
Add a social icon
You can add a SmugMug social icon that links to your SmugMug page:
- In Connected Accounts, click your SmugMug account to open SmugMug Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
Note: After connecting SmugMug to Squarespace, the social icon will automatically display in most templates, but not all of them. You can also add social icons using the Social Links Block. Learn how these icons display in your template in our template guides.
Import SmugMug images
This step will import your SmugMug images into a new Gallery Page on your site. You can import up to 50 images at a time.
Note: This is a one-time import and doesn't continually sync. Any changes made to your album in SmugMug after importing won't appear in the Gallery Page.
- In Connected Accounts, click Import Albums to Squarespace.
- Select the SmugMug album to import. You can import one album at a time.
- Select images from the album to import, and click Finish & Import.
- Your images will import to a new Gallery Page in the Not Linked section.
- Drag and drop these pages to other sections so they appear in your navigation menus.
Sell images on SmugMug (optional)
Each image will automatically have a clickthrough URL to its page on SmugMug. In templates that support clickthrough URLs on Gallery Pages, clicking the image will lead to a page where visitors can purchase the image through SmugMug. This SmugMug feature is separate Squarespace Commerce platform.