The iTunes Store is an app that distributes digital media. This guide explores different ways you can use iTunes with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content||Podcast|
Connect your iTunes account
Before you start using iTunes with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select iTunes from the Social Accounts menu.
- Go to your iTunes page and copy the URL from your browser's address bar.
- In Create iTunes Store Link window, enter a Label and the URL for the iTunes Store item you're linking. On some templates, the label appears when visitors hover over the iTunes social icon.
- Click Add.
If you need help creating a link, visit the iTunes Link Maker.
Note: It's not possible to change the Label after adding the iTunes Store account. To display an iTunes social icon with a different Label, disconnect the account and add a new iTunes Store account.
Add a social icon
You can add an iTunes social icon that links to media in iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store:
- In Connected Accounts, click your iTunes account to open iTunes Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
Podcasting with Apple Podcasts
Note: iTunes Podcasts rebranded as Apple Podcasts.
You can use a blog page to publish podcasts to Apple Podcasts and other subscription services. To learn more, visit the Podcasting with Squarespace overview.