The iTunes Store is an app that distributes digital media. This guide explores different ways you can use iTunes with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content||Podcast|
Connect your iTunes account
Before you start using iTunes with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select iTunes from the Social Accounts menu.
- Go to your iTunes page and copy the URL from your browser's address bar.
- In Create iTunes Store Link window, enter a Label and the URL for the iTunes Store item you're linking.
- Click Add.
If you need help creating a link, visit the iTunes Link Maker.
Note: The Label only displays on certain templates when visitors hover over the iTunes social icon.
Note: It's not possible to change the Label after adding the iTunes Store account. To display an iTunes social icon with a different Label, disconnect the account and add a new iTunes Store account.
Add a social icon
You can add an iTunes social icon that links to media in iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store:
- In Connected Accounts, click your iTunes account to open iTunes Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
Note:After connecting iTunes to Squarespace, the social icon will automatically display in most templates, but not all of them. You can also add social icons using the Social Links Block.
Podcasting with Apple Podcasts
Note: iTunes Podcasts rebranded as Apple Podcasts.
You can use a blog page to publish podcasts to Apple Podcasts and other subscription services. To learn more, visit the Podcasting with Squarespace overview.