Feature and link to a product from Amazon on your site.
Use Amazon blocks to display and link to an item on Amazon. When a visitor clicks the block, they'll be directed to the item's page on Amazon. This is a great way to highlight an item you're selling, promoting, or reviewing without Associate links or third-party code embeds.
Amazon blocks are a premium feature available in Business, Commerce, Professional, and Premium plans.
Before you begin
Amazon blocks are only supported on US Squarespace sites using Amazon products sold on the US domain (amazon.com). It's not possible to use Amazon blocks on non-US Squarespace sites, or to display products from other Amazon sites, such as amazon.co.uk.
For help checking or adjusting your site's region, visit Language and region settings.
Add an Amazon block
To add an Amazon block:
- Edit a page or post, click Add Block or an insert point, then click Amazon. For help, visit Adding content with blocks.
- Open the block editor by clicking the pencil icon on the block.
- In the Find A Product field, search for the item. Entering the item's URL or Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) is the best way to find the correct item. You can also search by title or description.
- Select Left, Right, or Center from the Alignment drop-down menu to align the product image.
- Customize the level of detail to include by checking the other options: Show Image, Show Title, Show Author, and Add Buy Button. If your site is on version 7.0, click Apply to publish your changes.
You can add only one item to the Amazon block, but you can add multiple Amazon blocks to a single page.
Add an Amazon Associates ID
To ensure you're properly credited for Amazon's Associate program, add your Associates ID. After adding your ID, you won't need to use Associates links in Amazon blocks because our integration creates the links through the blocks. If you change the ID, every Amazon block on your site will update to reflect the new ID.
To add your Amazon Associates ID:
- Open the Developer tools panel and click External API Keys.
- In the Amazon Associates ID field, enter your Associates ID.
- Click Save.
Note: The Amazon Associates ID only works with Amazon blocks. It won't affect text links to an Amazon page. To add text-only links to an Amazon item and ensure you receive credit, use Amazon's full Associate URLs in the text link.
Style an Amazon block
You can change the Amazon block's text and font, and customize the Buy button.
Use the site styles panel to change the button design, including its color and shape. To learn more, visit Styling buttons.
Amazon block font
The Amazon block font takes its style from your site's site-wide fonts:
- While editing a page with the Amazon block, open site styles, then click Fonts.
- Click Paragraphs. Both the title and author text follow these tweaks.
- To change the text size, use the Paragraph 2 slider. The author text follows this tweak exactly, while the title text displays slightly larger.
- Click Save to save your changes and keep editing, or click Exit and then Save to close the editor.
The colors follow your site-wide or section colors.
The Amazon block fonts take their style from other text styles on your site. In most templates:
- Title - Follows the body text font, but slightly larger. The color follows the body link color.
- Author - Follows the body text font and color.
There are some exceptions. In these template families:
Change the size
When you add an Amazon block, it will occupy the full width of the content area if there are no other blocks next to it. The aspect ratio of the Amazon block matches the original aspect ratio of the product's thumbnail on Amazon.
Change the Amazon item
To change the item displayed in the Amazon block:
- In the Amazon block editor, click the X under Selected Product.
- Add the new item. If your site is on version 7.0, click Apply to publish your changes.