- A custom "Submit" button
- A Post-Submit message that appears after completing the form
- A call-to-action button that opens the form in a lightbox
Go to Advanced options
In the Form Block Editor, click the Advanced tab.
Change the submit button
You can replace the default text for the submit button to match the tone of your site. Then select an Left, Center, or Right from the Button Alignment drop-down menu.
Add a post-submit message
The post-submit message appears after a visitor clicks the submit button. You can personalize this text and style it with the text toolbar.
Add post-submit HTML
You can add HTML code to display along with the Post-Submit message. Enter the code in the Post-Submit HTML box.
Tip: Adding HTML here is an advanced modification, and we're unable to troubleshoot custom code related issues. It's common to use Post-Submit HTML to redirect visitors to another page after submitting. This post in the Answers forum discusses this topic.
Set the form to open in a lightbox
Instead of showing the Form Block on a page, you can set the form to open in a pop-up when a visitor clicks a button. This is a great option for longer forms:
- Scroll down in the Form Block Editor.
- Check Enable Lightbox Mode.
- The default button label text is Open Form. To change it to custom text like ("Sign Up" or "Subscribe"), use the Open Button Label box.
The Squarespace platform, including the Form Block, isn't currently HIPAA compliant. To collect secure patient information online, we recommend linking to an external, compliant service.