Meetup is an app for finding local groups based on your interests. This guide explores different ways you can use Meetup with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content|
Connect your Meetup account
Before you start using Meetup with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select Meetup from the Social Accounts menu.
- Go to your Meetup Group's homepage and copy the group's URL from the address bar.
- Enter a Label and paste your Meetup URL.
Note: On some templates, the label may appear when visitors hover over the Meetup social icon.
Add a social icon
You can add a Meetup social icon that links to your Meetup page:
- In Connected Accounts, click your Meetup account to open Meetup Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
The Profile URL is automatically set to lead to your Meetup event.
Note: Most templates have built-in social icons, and their display varies. If your template doesn’t have social icons, or to display icons anywhere on your site, you can use the Social Links Block. To learn more, visit Displaying social icons.